or Connect

Posts by Partaria

Just an FYI, there is a birth trauma peer support group in Madison, WI that has just started up. Another mama and I hosted the first meeting last week.   Just posting here in case anyone is searching for such a resource who lives in our area.   http://birthtraumamadison.wordpress.com
That is so not an extreme reaction, OP. I would feel exactly the same way!   No doubt your partner wants what is best for you, even though that is at loggerheads with what you feel is best for your body and your baby. I agree with the previous poster about it being your body and your choice. But of course, I understand that you want to help him come to see your way of thinking rather than simply demanding that this is the way to go. Cooperation is much more peaceful....
I'm so sorry you're living this, mama. You have a right to these feelings you are feeling. Of course things could've been worse. Things could always be worse. A bus could've crashed through the walls of the hospital while you were there. But that doesn't mean that what you lived through wasn't very very difficult. You are still healing, and will likely need to heal emotionally long after your body has healed itself. Be gentle with you.   I can really related to...
AHAHAHA I love these. So funny!
Ahhh! One wack! HAHAAHA I love that. Adorable.
I thought it might be fun to start a thread to share stories of all the crazy/silly/hilarious things our toddlers manage to get into!   I can start.   Yesterday DS and I killed some time at Barnes and Noble while DH was at a doctor's appointment. They have a lego table there, and DS quickly became wrapped up in playing with the colorful duplo blocks. When it was time to go pickup DH, I said, okay time to go! Say bye bye blocks! And I began putting them into a cup...
Mamas,   Tomorrow morning I'm kicking off a birth trauma peer support group in my area.    I'm cofacilitating with another mama who had a difficult birth. I'm eager to create a peaceful and healing space for women struggling with tough birth experiences.    Going into this, I've revisited many of the threads here, to remind myself of all the feelings and issues that might manifest themselves in the group space. I also thought I might just straight out ask you...
So I just had to share this...   I left work for an hour today to take care of DS while DH was @ a doctor's appointment. It's really hot out so we went to Barnes and Noble to kill some time. They have a Lego playtable there just DS's height. So he stood there and played with the over-sized legos, and when it was time to go meet Daddy, I told him it was time to go, and to say bye bye to the Legos, and I started putting them back into this little cup in the table. DS...
That is so hard mama. I'm sorry.    First of all, I know it is hard, but try as much as possible to resist the guilt. Sounds like you are doing your absolute best in an incredibly difficult situation. I'm not sure many of the rest of us would fare much better. You are trying so hard, with minimal outside help, to give your daughter a safe, healthy, happy environment.    I agree w/the previous posters on trying things like child-wearing or perhaps consulting a...
This is all terrific advice mamas, thank you!   Last night and this morning I tried some of the suggestions here. And I think things are a little easier. I'm not even sure he was calmer, I think that I just weathered it better.   I didn't realize I had been doing this, but I SO was..       He's going to freak out, and I need to just remain in the moment and try to bring my best self to each moment. As we've all said, that is not always so easy, but I am trying. I am also...