or Connect

Posts by vtamanda

Congrats Orchidez!
Good luck guys! Still nothing doing here. I am 40 weeks on Sunday.
Had my appt. couldnt see a midwife bc only one was working this momrning and she ended up heading to the hospital with a patient? So i saw a Nurse Practioner. Which is fine, but really pointless bc she couldnt do an internal or a sweep. In fact all she did was get my weight, BP and babys hb. Then try to get me to schedule an U/S to check fluid levels at 41.1 and also an NST. Which i would have to go to two different places. The mw will do the nST but i have to go to...
I have an appt tomorrow. Will be 39.5! I will be glad to get confirmation of alignment. I am considering getting an internal and possibly asking for a sweep. But since my cervix is so high up i cannot find it, thhat probably is not realistic. No signs of labor. Some prodromal annoyances the evenings of full moon and snowfall, but nothing happened. Even after losing plug at 38 weeks. This baby feels bigger than i was (did?) with my girls. Not my belly, really, but the...
It is tough! My DD1 was 3yrs and 4 months when DD2 was born. We got to a point where i just had to say "you can wait, this new baby cannot wait. Now come and help me by doing X". I put cups and snacks down where she could get to them herself (you know, in case she was starving and had to have a snack at the exact moment of poopy blowout). And giving her jobs to help with seemed to help. But yea, it is tough. Especially when my husband or a grandma was around but...
Oh, tspencer, i am so sorry. It is very hard to be at home with a newborn and a demanding LO. It isnt a great solution, but you can nurse the baby on the sofa while you cuddle with the bigger one and watch tv. And i read something recently that said a few minutes focused on the big kid when they first wake up, a good early snuggle, helps fill the tank so they feel good all day. Right, well, it is worth a try! Good luck. Take care of yourself and make sure you are...
So cute. I love ivan's little hairy mohawk!
1/26 here too. Having annoying prodromol labor. I wish it would either start or just leave me be!!
Oops.
You guys could try a hemherhoid ring to help sitting be more comfy. A neck pillow also works (a good investment for sleeping upright in the LaZBoy while nursing). I know, not safe. Hmmmmm. Last babe i alternated my cheap inflatable travel neck pillow between my sore bottom and my sore neck. Lol. Poly, you would be fine using an open bucket for cloth diapers. Do you have another child or a dog who would get into it?. Otherwise, supposedly an open pail is LESS stinky than...