or Connect

Posts by JenRN

I second the recommendation to follow websites that match coupon deals for you. I know for sure that CVS (iheartcvs.com), Walgreens (iheartwags.com), and Target (totallytarget.com) are good places to look. I'm sure Walmart has a site too, I just don't really shop there. I like these sites because they will tell you what coupons are available, and if there's a printable coupon it links right to it so I don't have to try to hunt one down.   The main thing with the...
This is how it works at my hospital (Baby Friendly, in Indiana):   - Erythromycin eye ointment/Vitamin K - at some point within the first 6 hours but after the first feeding, some places do it immediately - Hepatitis B vaccine, if ordered (not all of our docs do) - some point before you go home - Hearing screen - ideally after 12 hours for vaginal birth, 24 for C-section - Bath - We want baby's temp to stabilize, so not earlier than a few hours after the birth -...
I pushed for 2.5 hours. DD was OP/asynclitic when I began pushing, and finally turned during pushing. That, and the fact she was 9.5 pounds with a 15 inch head, is why I think I had to push so long. I am TRULY hoping I don't have to push that long with this one!!!
Thanks so much for the info ladies! I heart Mothering forums, everyone is so helpful.   I'll be honest, I didn't even consider flats before. For those that use flats, would you recommend the same basic number of diapers to start out with as you would prefolds (2-3 dozen)?
Thanks ladies!   It's like I have this logical part of my brain, where I know second labors tend to be smoother and faster than the first, less likely to require induction, etc. Then there's the freaked out preggo part of my brain that refuses to accept that things might be any different for me.   It felt good to just type it all out, and to read your stories.
I'm assuming it's because of the new year but I cannot stop thinking/planning/worrying about this labor/delivery.   This is our last child, without a doubt. Of course, DD was our "only child without a doubt" LOL, so I guess until DH gets the big V nothing is for certain.  So I'm feeling an irrational amount of pressure to "do it right this time."   I really want a natural birth this time. I wanted one with my daughter too, I work L&D and just "knew" I could do it if...
My midwife gave me a sheet about the exercises after the birth of DD (I had a 4 finger-width space). I didn't think the worksheet was clear, so I bought the book. I thought it was pretty self explanatory (with the aid of the pictures) and was able to close my diastasis to 1/2 finger-width by my 6 week checkup. And I wasn't doing the exercises as often as I was supposed to.   Not sure if the book is cheaper than the DVD, but it worked well for me.
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I don't know anyone who uses CD so this is all new to me.   Now to research covers....
I did Hypnobabies (home study) with my DD. I was diligent about practicing it daily and truly believed it could help. It helped me to relax a little in early labor, but that was about it. No one program will work for everyone and I guess I was the "lucky" one. In all fairness to Hypnobabies: DD's birth was an induction (AROM, pit), she was posterior and asynclitic, and 9 pounds 7 ounces with a 15 inch head. Not sure anything but the epidural I ended up with would have...
I'm so sorry for your loss.