or Connect

Posts by revolting

I'm also pregnant with my third and hoping the baby decides to come any day. I do feel some guilt around my desire to do more with my eldest, especially since this is our first year of homeschooling and extended family have less than supportive things to say about homeschooling.
My eldest didn't really start entertaining herself until she learned to read. My middle child loved to play by himself even as a young toddler. I strongly suspect temperament plays a huge role. That said, I do think having a strong rhythm of your day that includes lots of time outside, multiple times of day where the kids will know that they will get your attention, and certain times where you regularly work in a way where you concentrate on something other than your kids,...
Pumpkin muffins: We are making them for our weekly tea time on Thursday, and boy I can't wait. I love baking with pumpkin! On staying positive: I'm really struggling with this, too. A lot of my anxiety about the baby surfaced again this week. The baby moves less, which I know is normal for this late in pregnancy, but I worry that the baby somehow got hurt in the car crash. I constantly stress myself out waiting for the next movement, trying to get the baby to move, etc......
My six year old could read that, but I wouldn't expect a six year old to read that well.
It is just one appointment, unless I risk out for some reason.
My midwifery group requires me to have an appointment with their back-up doctor. I just made an appointment, and after getting off the phone with the receptionist and the little I've heard about him from my midwives, I feel really weirded out by them. Maybe I'll meet him and feel comfortable, but what if I don't and need to transfer? For an emergency transfer, I will probably just go to the nearest hospital (he's far away). Is this even worth worrying about after having...
I hope you all had a wonderful harvest moon last night! We actually will celebrate tonight, since the full moon fire jam got schedule tonight. Unfortunately, the clouds never cleared for us to get a peak, and it looks unlikely to clear tonight either. I had hoped for one last month this year of watching the moon rise over Lake Michigan, but unless this baby comes late, we probably won't make it to another full moon fire jam this year. I love the children's books about the...
I've really struggled with anxiety this pregnancy. After my husband finished his bed rest, he went back to work on light duty. However, I managed to crash the car on Tuesday. Everyone is okay, but the car got totaled. We decided to spring for a new car. Today, my husband learns he'll be sitting at home unpaid until his arm heals. I have trouble sleeping at night due to all the worry and when I do fall asleep, I wake shortly having to pee again or from contractions. By...
mamaofthree: Congrats on the pregnancy. Both of my kids came in February, and I think it's a great time to have a baby. If we have a fourth, I'll shoot for another late winter baby. For the fall equinox, we will go apple picking, plant our bulbs, and probably make this: http://www.thekitchn.com/-best-pie-bakeoff-2008-entry-1-10-69632 Wolf: Man, what a rough stretch! I hope things go better for you and your kids! Siddal: Yay on the house!!! DoK: I hope the medical stuff...
I'd love a good winter idea for both me and the kids for a minimalist shoe or boot that's waterproof and warm!