or Connect

Posts by 2moms3kids

They are certified to adopt. We also have the name of an adoption lawyer we will be using when the time comes (ie once I am pregnant). Thanks to those who answered my questions!! -Sarah
They are 2 women, so we will be using donor sperm and they are already licensed foster parents in our state, so that isn't an issue. They currently have 2 foster children who will be reunited with mom soon.  The child will be legally and biologically 100% mine until I sign the TPR paperwork. I have done much thinking about this, for many years and am confident in my decision. I am also adopted so I understand that side of the situation too. We will be consulting a lawyer...
I am happy to be joining you back here after a year! Our 3rd and final daughter was born on April 1st, but we have decided to TTC again starting next month, in order to give our friends, another lesbian couple who have been battling infertility fir the last 6 years, a child. I am meeting with our RE on the 19th and then we will be good to go! We do at home IUIs and I have gotten pregnant the first month the 2 other times I TTCed, so I am hoping it is quick! They have...
Starting next month, I am going to be TTC a baby for our good friends who have been dealing with infertility for 6 years. All of our 3 children were born to us, and although we have done a 2nd parent adoption for all of them, we have no idea how a "private" adoption works. The adoptive parents will take the baby home from the hospital and we will do the adoption as soon as possible.  I have a few questions....   Do we NEED to use a lawyer?  We have done 3 adoptions...
I have a 2004 Saturn Vue (2 row) and my Frontier install was easy! DD is almost 50lbs so I can't use the LATCH and it is an awesome TIGHT fit with the seatbelt in any seat. I am actually surprised to hear people struggle with it.  
While I think it sounds like a great idea (close in age etc), the logistics behind it both physically and emotionally would be prohibitive for us! Pregnancy, while being a magical time can be physically demanding even if you are not vomitting 24/7 and barely able to get off the couch. I think having a parnter able to pick up your slack and support you emotionally is essential not to mention the recovery afterward. I would suggest if you want children very close in age,...
I had a repeat c-section 4 days ago, after my OB REFUSED to try a vbac (the others in my area feel the same way). I did the GBS b/c if it is positive they watch the baby more closely, I was also negative. I also asked about an ultrasound, but was told it didnt matter with a c-section so they dont do it. I also never had an cervical check. My c-section was at 39 weeks 3 days, so there was no need for an amnio. Good luck and it seems the 2nd time around is much easier than...
All of our girls have hyphenated last names. While I would have LOVED to drop my last name, my parents would have had a fit (our girls are their only grandchildren) so we left it. It works fine albeit a little long...it flows nicely though. My kindergartener still can't spell it, but she is ALMOST there   We did switch off having the girls, I had 1 & 3 and she had 2. That didn't play into our decision at all...biology is not important to us in the least and it would...
My daughter is almost 6, 48 inches and 55lbs and rides in a Britax Frontier. She is NO WHERE near the weight limit and the height limit is 53 inches so she still has room to grow. Also has one of the highest torso/harness heights on the market. She also is not great with sitting appropriately in the booster, she leans over too much.  I would totally recommend it! -Sarah
We have ALWAYS wanted to go! Before kids, we went to P-town every summer, but our kids are pretty high maintenance, so we have been putting it off. Hopefully baby girl #3 will be easier (HA!) and we will be able to make it next summer when they are 1, 4 and 7!! Riley would LOVE to go and meet other kids with 2 moms/dads since there are VERY few where we live in Maine! -Sarah