or Connect

Posts by mangopaco

Yes, we took him to a pediatric surgeon who said that surgery was a possibility but that she wanted to treat it with antibiotics first.  We asked for any other possible treatments and she said it's basically antibiotics or surgery.   She prescribed amoxocilin for 10 days and sitting in a warm bath three times a day.  By day 7 or 8 it was gone.  No surgery necessary.   Apparently these things can get painful and infected if you let them go but neither doctor...
It's been a while since I've posted in Mothering - my baby boy has been keeping us very busy.   He just turned 8 months today, doing well overall, has two teeth on the bottom and another one coming from the top, is BFed and happily chubby, and is starting to figure out how to crawl.   The other day, though, we saw a bump on his bottom, right near his little anus.  We took him to the doctor and she sais it looked like an infection.  She doesn't like prescribing...
Our little 3 1/2 month old had little spots of blood in his green mucousy poop a couple of days ago.  This was the first "health scare" for us and we freaked out a little bit.  We ended up going to see the doctor yesterday.   She went through the routine check, belly, bottom, etc.  Turns out his little butt hole was raw  - she said that it was possibly due to something new mom ate or something baby has a sensitivity to.   In any case, as she lubed up her finger...
I am loving this stage!  Santi will be three months tomorrow.  He's been smiling up a storm!  He laughs and plays and is just so much fun to be around.  We went through some developmental leap fussiness last week but man is it worth it.    This morning I woke up to find his eyes wide open and staring at me.  When I looked at him and said good morning, I was greeted with a huge smile!    Wanted to share this picture too.  Santiago and the Turkey at Thanksgiving.
Our 10 week old ds has been bed-sharing with us.  He likes to cuddle up with mom and this has made nighttime breastfeeding really easy for her.    He does wake up in a cold sweat and we're wondering if he's sick and something to worry about.   Anyone experience this or know if this is a sympton of anything?   Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by bri276 nope, I don't believe it either. I also think it's important not to put too much emphasis on gender roles with our kids, they get way too much from the outside world as it is Wasn't trying to emphasize gender roles but I guess I'm wrong anyway. Love our baby boy and his energy but it was quite nice to hold such a calm little baby. Maybe our next one...
Tonight we hung out with another new family and their baby girl, 3 days older than our Santiago. She was so calm! Meanwhile our boy was fussing if we stopped moving. He wanted to be walked around facing outward so he could look around. Is there such thing as boy energy and girl energy at this young an age? Whenever we meet little baby girls they're so chill. The boys all seem to have ants in their pants.
I was Clark Kent and Santi was superbaby: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3295560_n.jpg
We are vaccinating but on a delayed schedule.
We found a pretty good way to make evening colic go away with our baby. NOTE: I'm sure this is not going to work with everyone, each baby is different, but just in case... Dr. Sears in one of his articles recommended a few things that we do all at once: - dim the lights - white noise - I hold Santi and take him to the kitchen and turn on the kitchen fan - do the evening colic dance - it's a one-two-bounce step... "and a one and a two and a one and a two," kicking...