or Connect

Posts by mamamacha

Hello!   My partner and I just moved to Glendale/Eagle Rock with our 9 month old son. We don't know too many people in the area, and even fewer with kids, and even fewer LGBT families with kids!   Does anyone know of any meet up groups in Northeast Los Angeles where our family would feel comfortable? I'm adjusting to life as a stay-at-home mom and would really like to have more people to socialize with during the day.   Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
My partner and I have a baby who was conceived using a known donor. We approached him via a thoughtful email that outlined from the beginning why we wanted to use a known donor, specifically him, and what we were looking for (an "uncle" roll, like any other close family friend, not a parent, legally or emotionally). It took him about two months before he could confidently agree to help us, and he was very communicative about his feelings and his anxieties during his...
We used Donor Home Delivery, shipping from the upper midwest to northern California.  We were doing one or two shipments per cycle, usually two days apart, and successfully conceived that way maybe the third or fourth time we used it (with a few in person inseminations and a few months off in between).    After the first time the sperm arrived I had major doubts that any sperm had survived (and our donor packed the stuff wrong--with the icepack directly against the...
My partner and I moved to Monterey two years ago and have had a hard time making friends outside of work. Now we're on the verge of having a baby (due on October 24th) and are hoping to find other gay or gay-friendly families in Monterey with babies or children.    We're working with a great midwife, and have found friendly people at Chatter Baux (baby/kid consignment store in PG) and Baby Moon (lactation support center), but just don't know many other...
Thanks for all the feedback. It's very reassuring to know that this is normal. Now if we could only find a prenatal vitamin that didn't make her nauseous! (She's taking a folic acid supplement in the meantime.)
I believe this is my second post, but my partner took a home pregnancy test on Saturday and it was quite positive. We inseminated on the 31st of January and then again February 2nd (with live sperm shipped via Donor Home Delivery). We had been trying to conceive on and off since last summer, and we were starting to wonder what to do next if it didn't work soon, so a positive home pregnancy test (even without a blood test from a doctor) is a very positive thing.   I...
My partner peed on a stick (or two) on Saturday and it seems that she's pregnant!   We called the OB/GYN that she's been seeing for an appointment to confirm the pregnancy and just let us know that a) we're not crazy and b) everything looks OK so far (as much as one can say that three weeks after conception). However, she was given an appointment for a month from now.    Is that normal? After a positive home pregnancy test, how long does one normally wait to see...