or Connect

Posts by NewSolarMomma

I'm just South of TJ, but had my baby in SD, and work there too. I LOVE SD, but it's so expensive, even with a good income. UCSD is very nice, Ive heard great things about their birth center. My pedi is in a UCSD practice (on Frost St) that is also a teaching group. I love it because you get so much extra attention and they are very thorough, plus the wait is never too long even though its crazy busy. I never get the feeling we are taking up too much time, even when I...
I agree with the OP about husbands feeling like they're penises are inadequate because you don't want to circ your son. Many men are very sensitive over their penises- understatement of the year- so it might help to remind him that his is "perfect" for you, but that the next generation of women will be used to intact men instead. If he feels like his is GREAT, it will make your success convincing him more likely. For this reason, don't mention mutilation or other negative...
I don't know, but I hope so! Gotta get something positive out of a poor economy.
Drs0410- said What's wrong with those other things you listed? I haven't done any research on those and didn't know they were a problem. I got them all, I've never seen any evidence of compelling reasons to avoid these things, but everyone has their own personal beliefs. You CAN substitute and delay them without harm. (The only thing I think is unreasonable to totally skip is not on this list, and that's avoiding the PKU test.) I don't have an STD and trust my DH, but...
The hospital I was at didn't even ASK if we wanted my son circ'ed- they just DIDN'T do it!!! The default position there is NO CIRC if you want it done, you have to ask for it. (SHARP Mary Birch, San Diego. It is a hospital for ONLY women and their newborns. They deliver 7,000 babies a year, so it's really cool I wasn't even asked if I wanted it done) My experience: After the fog of labor lifted, I got worried that they might have gone ahead and circed my son. I didnt...
You should be fine with a UC. If you have to transfer, tell them your pedi is scheduled to do the test because it's more accurate a few days later. But I understand the concern. CPS, in CA IS really out of control. From what I have heard, NV is much better. I know most case workers only want to help kids, but all it takes is ONE that doesn't like you, or the way you do things, to take your baby away or start a huge legal hassle. (There have been some seriously egregious...
THANKS
You can do it mama, you have a good skill set to make it happen, which is more than many people that figure it out. You don't have to make good money to HS, and the OP is right, jobs have costs you may not have considered fully. (a second car, gas, insurane for I car, CHILD CARE, clothes, lunch) I cant help with frugality, as Its easier for me to make a little more money than squeeze more out of what I have. But I am awful at budgeting and things like this. I DO have some...
This is theoretical right now, and even if I did it, it wouldn't be a business, just the experience of sharing something so unique.
Would anyone HB anywhere other than your home? I know not all homes are suitable, and sometimes you just want an amazing location. Im asking because I have an amazing spanish style ocean front house, and the second floor screams for someone to HB in it, by the light of a full moon or sunset- huge bathroom with monster shower, giant room with beautiful fireplace, terrace with beach access just out the sliding glass doors that make up the whole front of the room, but...