or Connect

Posts by Jen H.

Today is my due date (yay me!) and I've never made it this far before. My first two were 7 and 9 days early, so this is new territory for me. I'm not/won't be doing anything to stimulate things (aside from maybe sex and housework ), but since I'm planning a homebirth I only have a certain window. So if I continue with no real signs of labour I will definitely allow my MW to sweep my membranes by 41+ weeks. Of course, all this could be moot since I've been feeling...
I can understand your concerns. My appointments are shorter now, but more frequent. They're really just to check baby's heartrate, my blood pressure, pee on the stick, etc. Of course, this being my third baby, I'm not full of questions and needing major reassurance either. That could be a big part of it. I would think they'd allow a bit more time for a first-time mama getting very close to her due date. I've never had an examination ahead of being in labour. Midwives...
I'm pretty sure this is it for us. It's #3 and I'm 35 now. My only real regret will be that I'll never have a daughter. But having more just to try for a girl seems silly and is a total gamble, obviously. So I'm happy to be "done," but sort of grieving for the girl thing. Not a big deal, I love my boys so much and am excited to be having another, there's just that nagging voice in the back of my head. If money were no object and I was even a couple of years younger,...
Hey there, popping in from the May DDC to say that my MW advised against Always brand pads because of the plasticky stuff they use, which can cause infection by not allowing everything to "breathe" - similar to the reasons why you'd use cotton undies instead of polyester. She recommended Kotex brand for this reason.
With the arrival of #3 coming, I'm not sure how I will manage. Come September, DS1 will be starting grade one full-time, so that will help. But during the summer will be extremely challening with all three around all the time. When DS2 was born, I was in a similar situation as you. A couple of months before he was born, we started DS1 in preschool two mornings a week. It was still very tricky, once the new baby arrived, to get work done during that time. The chance...
Boy #3 for me!
Wow, nice recommendation for the BabyJogger customer service! I don't have any recs for strollers. For DS1 we went with the ubiquitous Graco travel system, which we also used for DS2. But I also had a Fisher Price Stand 'n Ride for my older to ride on the back when the younger was born. They were both fine, but probably not what you're looking for. Let me tell you though, you'll likely end up with several strollers over your parenting lifetime. There are just so many...
I would definitely try to talk him out of it. The man needs to be educated on the matter! Read a lot on the Circ forum here, and pass along any pertinent info to your DH. Some of it's a little "out there," but a lot of it is good, scientifically based reasoning against circumcision. In our case, when we learned we were expecting a boy with our first, he automatically assumed we'd be going ahead with it, simply because he was circ'd. I made him read a lot, and generally...
You might want to mention the itchiness to you doc or midwife if it's really, really bad. They can prescribe something, or test for choleastis (sp?).
Quote: Originally Posted by elismum1908 The Sienna comes with an option for AWD, so if that's worked for you with your Subaru, you may want to look into it. We just discovered this yesterday, but we can't afford that one. It's the super tricked-out version with all the fancy options, and way out of our budget. We'll just have to spring for some good snow tires!