or Connect

Posts by erinbethp

I just wanted to update that we are over the hump and haven't had a poop accident in almost a week!  While he needed to have undies on to learn the pee part, turns out naked time was what worked for figuring out the poop.  I'm convinced it was all a fear issue.  Basically how he got over it was he needed to poop, and had his pants off after a try, but was pacing around the house obviously distressed and needing to go.  I kept saying "let me know if I can help you with...
I've had migraines that were worse, especially one I had when my youngest was only a few weeks old and was screaming because DH was holding him instead of me.
I think if you can just simply get rid of the TV, or put it in a cabinet where it is out of sight, at that age they will just move on.  That's great!  My DS1 is 3, and has been watching tv regularly for about 10 months - since his little brother was born.  I try to keep it to an hour a day.  We only get PBS on our TV, I don't let him watch Hulu or youtube on the computer because I found that is endless, and he will just want me to keep starting more videos, and it is...
Thanks so much.  I love the "who's in charge" rap... great idea!  We also carry our potty everywhere.  We are also doing a lot of praise and the stickers.  There is a special sticker in our sticker pack - a crane- that I have told him is for a poop.  I know I have read things about how praise/rewards can be bad, but I really felt we had to go that route, before I couldn't even get him to go near the potty.  What's worse is I keep failing at what I know is important and...
Thanks- I think there might be a fear, but I can't get any details from him. We have to keep him clothed because when he is naked he thinks it's fun to squat and pee everywhere and can't keep his hands off himself... I am thinking we made too big a deal out of it, and I think I might just not mention it at all and hope that one day he will decide for himself to use the potty instead. It is just so hard to hide my frustration!!! It helps to know someone else has gone...
We splurged on an organic mattress from greenmountainorganics.com I highly recommend the twin bed route- what is the point of a toddler bed? We actually got the extra long. DH sleeps with DS 1 for at least part of the night most nights and is just as comfortable there as with me and DS. We are in an old regular bed, which will be replaced with an organic one when we have the money, and DS2 will get his own xl twin one day too. You can get thinner ones to mitigate the...
DS is going to be 3 next week.  About a month and a half ago, he woke up from a really great night's sleep dry, so I basically made him stay in the bathroom near his potty until he peed in it, because I just had this strong feeling the time was right.  That got the ball rolling, and we have been steadily making progress.  I tried to just be really laid back about it, because we had tried a more forced boot-camp approach before and it failed miserably.  Now, he is in...
If there is poop, I use bac-out.  Pee, sometimes I just wipe, sometimes I might spray my standard 50/50 vinegar and water mix on it.  If it's on the couch or carpet and there is a smell after the initial cleanup I will sprinkle some baking soda on it, leave it for a while and then vac it up.  
I'm looking for ideas of how to respond to the behaviors that really make my blood boil. If you have any tips for these please let me know! These are all things my 2.5 yo does and I haven't come up with an effective yet gentle response. -climbing on top of a half height bookshelf at the library -sitting on or pushing his baby brother when I turn my back -spitting -dumping out baskets of folded laundry -putting things in the toilet I guess I should just try to focus on...
I've CD my 2.5yo since birth.  We had 12 bum genius elementals, 12 one size fitteds, and 12 prefolds at a time in the proper size.  We split that time almost 50/50 between a top loader and a front loader, and line dried both inside and outside as much as possible.  When DS2 was born 7 months ago we bought 12 more elementals and both boys use all the diapers.  Well, our original 12 elementals are full of holes and leak terribly.  I really was expecting them to last...