or Connect

Posts by HappyMamaBeth

Not really sure what is going on with my 19 month old.  She wakes fairly frequently (usually 3x/night) for a bottle (I made the mistake of starting the combination birth control pill when she was 15 months and my milk disappeared.. ugh), which I don't mind giving to her, but every few nights, sometimes a few nights in a row, she wakes a couple hours after going to sleep and won't take a botte and can't be otherwise consoled.  I have had her doctor check her ears, I've...
I came here to post almost the exact same thing and came across your post instead.  Since I'm having the same (well, similar) issues with my 19 month old too, I obviously don't have any answers, but I wanted to offer virtual hugs and support for what you're going through!  This is my third child--my first started sleeping through the night in her own crib at 4 months, my second co-slept with me until he was just over one and then transitioned to his crib pretty well (and...
I'm actually asking this for my sister who is currently about 28 weeks pregnant.  She just got the results of her 1 hour glucose screening, and her result was in the 180s.  Her midwife told her that's nearly high enough for them to diagnose GD without doing the 3 hour screening.  She's scheduled for the 3 hour test on Tuesday and called me in tears because she's terrified.  She barely kept the glucose drink down before the 1 hour blood draw and had diarrhea for the rest...
My daughter is almost 11 months and I'm still breastfeeding, but would like to introduce something else after she turns one.  I know the typical choice is whole cow's milk, but she had a dairy sensitivity when she was 2-5ish months old, and my son had a dairy sensitivity that developed before his 2nd birthday (which he has since outgrown)... so I'd kind of like to try something else.   I've heard recommendations for hemp milk but then some people say it doesn't have...
I'm Beth and I haven't been active much on the boards since I had Ella, but it's nice to be "back"--so thank you for sending the invitation, Samstress! :)   In addition to Ella (who was born May 7), I also have Emmalee (8 years old) and Evan (5 years old).  Now that they're both in school, I might have a little more time to keep up with MDC. :)  Ella is taking a short nap right now so I took the opportunity to finally join this group and scarf down a turkey sandwich!...
Ella was 15 lbs 5 oz and 26 inches at her 4 month checkup. :)   She was 11 lbs 5 oz at 2 months (can't remember length) and 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches at birth. :)
My daughter who is 8 weeks old seems to have a dairy intolerance/allergy. After painful refluxing and blood streaked stools, I eliminated dairy from my diet. It seems she has improved greatly and her stools are looking normal again after just a week and a half so far. However, today she is incredibly fussy and refusing to nurse. I had steak last night for dinner. Are babies who are allergic to cows milk also often sensitive/allergic to cow meat???
Arrrgh. My 8 week old just does not want to nurse today and she is so fussy!! I have offered her the breast several times but she just cries and arches her back away from it. I have tried different positions too. I got her to latch on for a couple minutes and then it was back to crying and pulling away. Any advice??
My friend sent me four of these that she used with her daughter, saying she LOVED them.  When I first looked at them, I was like, "Meh," but I put them on my daughter, and I really like the way they fit her (she's just 7 weeks old, and it's hard to find a one-size that fits a little one well IMO... I also have Swaddlebees Econappis).  I know that they're synthetic fibers, so that might be the reason for less "bulk" but just wondering if anyone has these and what they...
We're done.  I think I'll always have that little part of me that wants another one, but I could have 35275 children and still want "one more" I think LOL.  I do think I'm happy and content and feel "complete" with the three we have.  My first two are from my first marriage, so this is DH's first biological child.  He was really adamant about wanting a fourth (although he assured me that if I were adamantly AGAINST it he wouldn't push the issue... but I think he really...