or Connect

Posts by 1ColoradoMomma

We chose Stapleton for several reasons: First, the homes will hold their value more than the burbs because it is in the city of Denver. Second, the homes are really energy-efficient. Third, the place is crawling with young kids (I don't think you can move here unless you at least attempt to reproduce). Forth, it's really close to the airport. My husband flies for Frontier Airlines (go, Frontier!). It's also a very walkable/bikeable community with a new cool rec...
Hi, I just posted a request to join your Yahoo group and would love to have some pox over here at our house too. Thanks for your efforts!
Aww, Fruitful Womb, I have been there!: It is hard to feel like your body is letting you down -- we are not used to that. I used to throw around hay bales as a kid and now, as a landscape architect, I throw around plants. How can my body be falling apart on the inside? But you know how I've tried to look at it? Many, many women all over the world must have this same problem and not even know about it, so they carry on, carry children, carry buckets of water on their...
Hi JBella, Mama to be!!! Well, I am no expert and have not had much experience on this thread, but dh is a pilot and dd did have rotavirus at 15 months. Since you are just flying in the country, I personally would not worry about moving your vax schedule up. In regards to the rotavirus, dh did NOT bring it home. It is contracted through direct contact with a surface that has been contaminated with feces (this is as it was explained to me by medical personel). We know...
Quote: Originally Posted by gingerwinston I would like to be able to find out when I'd need to start vaccinations in order to meet the minimum requirements to enter daycare by the time my son is 3 years old, AND in case I decide not to send him to daycare, when I'd need to start vaccinations in order to meet the minimum requirements to enter school at age 5. Is it not possible to find out by calling a local school system? I was lucky that in...
Quote: Originally Posted by threadbey maybe i'll look into sponges. they just seem kind of yucky in comparison to the nice smooth clean silicon that's so easy to wash... I don't have any Diva cup experience to help you out with. Your experience sounds like something I wouldn't be enjoying though! But as far as having a natural material in your body (sea sponge) vs. a synthetic one (cup), it seems that there is a trade-off. One is cleaner,...
Oh, Wombat, funny you should have shoveled so much -- that is one thing that my LPN specifically mentioned that I will never be able to do again. How can one NOT shovel snow when one lives in a snowy climate? I guess we will have to look forward to the day that our kids are old enough to shovel for us!
Quote: Originally Posted by ~*max*~ Exactly what I have been thinking! And: How long does the sling last? I have read that it is not permanent & needs to be redone periodically. Can you accidentally undue the surgery, by lifting or injury? How exactly do they attach the sling? What is it made of? How does the body respond to synthetic material inside? And many more. : Yes! My LNP said that they have really good records for the slings lasting 12...
Yes, Max, does surgery do away with the pain or just give a different pain (for the prolapse)? Also, what will happen to us at 65 if we don't do a surgery now? Does it get worse as we age (I am 41 now)?
Wow, ladies! I am so excited to find this post. I just went to the Uro-Gyno yesterday for the first time and expected to hear that I just needed to work on my Kegel exercises (which I am really bad about doing ). She tell me I have cytocele (sp?), rectocele, AND I need a sling. I was actually up for the sling part because I can't play racquetball or run or sneeze of course without contorting my body to prevent leakage. But the idea of having my vagina sliced open...