or Connect

Posts by 1ColoradoMomma

I hear your woes, ladies. DD is almost 3.5yrs now. She has been in undies for a YEAR now. First she potty trained completely in 3 days. This lasted 3 weeks before we started backsliding. She had two more stretches of being completely potty trained (one as recently as February) but is now back to pooping in her underwear. I have tried ignoring it and bribery. Neither has worked. She is also one incredibly intense child -- I have never met a child so intense. She...
Thanks for that website, Tylertyler. I had been trying to figure out waiver information for my state. That site has lots of great information!
I'd really love to recommend an amazing book I'm reading to anyone who is having feelings like these. It's called "Mother-Daughter Wisdom" by Christiane Northrup, OB/GYN. She has incredible insights and is so not the typical western medicine type. It is such a beautiful book with a message of healing for us all. I am crazy about this book!!! I hope it can help you out some -- I got it from our library. GOOD LUCK
I wanted to add another possible solution for your cousin -- moxabustion. It is an accupuncture technique that my doulas read about in the New England Journal of Medicine of all places. It supposedly has the highest success rate of any method. Any decent accupuncturist should be able to perform it -- I asked mine about it and it sounds like it's really common. I'm sure she has already tried talking to her baby too to ask him/her to turn around. Best of luck!
Well, we only have one so far but are heading in the same direction as you. DD sleeps in the crib with one side down right against our king-sized bed. We bought the king-sized bed right after we found out I was pregnant due to the family bedroom. I still nurse dd to sleep or rub her back until she's asleep if she pulls away from nursing (I think my milk must be tasting funny to her). I've been wondering how this is all going to work out when another one comes along...
Our dd had the same thing just a few nights ago. We chalked it up to night terrors because she had just been admitted to the hospital overnight a few days before due to a rotarivus. I just figured she was reliving that horribly scary experience -- she hates nurses now for sure. But like your dd, when we turned the lights on dim in the room, her eyes were open. To me it looked like she wasn't aware in the present moment though. Has anything happened to your daughter...
These stories are really so wonderful. No history of PTL here, and I got pregnant the first time we had the timing down right (being married to a pilot makes these things tougher!). I feel like I've already weaned her enough since she's down to twice a day (the milk supply really dropped when I got pregnant), so I'm going to keep on nursing! I would be tempted to go to a birthing center if I didn't like my OB so much, so I'll just have to help educate him! Thanks for...
GOOD POINT about my body being used to the nursing. Also, wouldn't I have had problems getting pregnant if that weren't the case?
Yes! He was concerned about nursing hormones causing contractions. I also thought about the sex comparison and want to bring it up to him when I'm in there next time . To his credit, I mentioned how tandem nursing is supposed to help reduce sibling rivalry (among other things), and he pondered the idea and said he saw how that could be the case. I'm going to bring the "Adventures in Tandem Nursing" in with me for him to look at. It does state in that book that more...
I just had my first appt with my OB (whom I love). When I told him I was still bf'ing dd twice a day, he told me to try to wean. I have been reading "Adventures in Tandem Nursing" and told him about it. But I am 38 and do have concerns about doing anything to cause preterm labor. On the other hand, I love nursing my daughter to sleep and hoped to continue it after our new baby was born. Anyone else going/has gone through this?