or Connect

Posts by Camellia

I'm getting ready to leave Corvallis - boo. But, we are headed for even more days of gray skies in Washington. Bend has something like 300 days of sun a year. I haven't been there in ages, but a bff of mine just moved there and her complaints are: finding work, poor housing market, and a some what uppity vibe in the community. Let me know if you need more details about Corvallis. I've lived here 25+ years! Oh, and as for drugs. Yes you can spot a drug activity...
Kelli, thank-you so much for taking the time to write out a detailed reply! I'm beginning to learn that diabetics CAN eat good food, but striking that balance and being creative is the challenge.
Does anyone here have, diabetes or have a loved one have diabetes? I am sure the answer is yes, since it is such a wide spread disease. My husband was just diagnosed with diabetes, and we had to change many things about our life in an instant (last Thursday). We are still learning what his needs are, and my main goal as his partner is to support him in eating healthy. This means that our whole family will be eating regular, well balanced meals. Up until his...
We took Easy to the vet this afternoon, and she does have signs of a bladder infection (very good thing!). I got her some atbx, and hopefully that will clear it up. They took blood, and the results should be back tomorrow or the next day. If it's not some type of infection, then it could be that her sphincter muscle is not working properly and there are inexpensive meds. to help that. This is the second best scenario! If it's not one of those two things, then it is...
I would be having a serious talk with the neighbors and I think kicking that dog was 1000% warranted. I'm sorry if that isn't a popular opinion, but if a dog is attacking your child you must do whatever you can to get said dog off of your child. As for the this happening again (but it really, really shouldn't. Aggressive behavior in dogs escalates with repeat incidents, and it just can't happen again with this dog!), be sure to do your best not to make noise as that...
Quote: Originally Posted by FlutterBee So cute!! And those pics are fabulous. I love the EZ Girl collar! Thanks! We had the collar custom made from Blocky Dogs
Our Current foster dog Dre with our son Jackson. Our forever doggy, Easy, also with our son Jackson.
Thank-you Kristin. I'll be sure to make a list of symptoms and things we suspect before going in.
No biopsy on the eye tumor. She was just standing when she fell over the time I was staring right at her. One other time she was behind me a little, but I didn't see any obvious reason why. She was spayed at under a year of age, and she's 3.5 now, so is it still possible that it's because she is spayed? We were all sleep when she soaked her bedding. When we woke up, she was just lying there asleep in her own urine. She didn't show signs of "feeling guilty" that...
Thanks for your reply! She is neutered, but is only 3 and a half. She has eaten a completely Raw diet for 1.5 years. She gets a proper balance of protein, fat, organ meat, oils, and alfalfa/seaweed powder. It is entirely possible that her tumor is cancerous and as spread. This terrifies me I need to get her into the vet, but I'm so torn. If she has cancer, I won't treat it, so it would just be a matter of her enjoying life while it lasts and then putting her to...