or Connect

Posts by Ruthla

Marnica- those links are for the vaccines they give to babies and kids up to 6. Here's the link to the vaccines they give to older kids and adults. I still can't make heads or tails of the information- the second one doesn't even seem to list the ingredients anywhere! Ah, found it hidden in a sentence when I searched for the word "contains."   What are those things?Wh What   formaldehyde-treated filamentous hemagglutinin [FHA] and pertactin    
Or, a toddler was recently vaxed, somebody changed the diaper in a public place and didnt' wash their hands properly, touched a surface (restroom doorknob, for example) that your daughter later touched and then she put her hands in her mouth.
I delayed all my kids' vaccines until age 2 or so, then got them "all caught up" by preschool and continued vaxxing through kindergarten- just enough to avoid needing an exemption for schools. I rethought that decision when they changed the vax requirements, making my middle child need either a "booster shot" or an exemption (while my older child [i]just[/i] misses out on needing these extra shots.)   DD2 has some learning issues (that are clearing up) and I suspect...
At this point, I'm thinking that the three of us don't *need* this vaccine when we've obviously been exposed and none of us are showing any signs of illness.     Also, what else is in the vaccine besides the weakened pertussis, diptheria, and tetanus germs? What kinds of adjucvants and "inert" ingredients are found in this shot?   Seeing DD1 being this sick, I've come to the conclusion that pertussis is a nasty illness, but not dangerous for a teenager. I'd...
How many hours does she need to fast before the anesthesia? You might do better scheduling the surgury for early afternoon, so you can nurse normally overnight and first thing in the morning, and then have her fast during the day when you're both more awake. They usually schedule surgury in the mornings becaue many babies and kids don't eat overnight anyway, so an early-morning surgury is easier for them.   I'd suggest talking to the anesthesiologist directly- he or...
It could be a sign of a food intolerance, or poor gut flora, or too much acidic food in his diet- or it might simply be that he hasn't healed 100% from the last "big rash" and his skin is more sensitive than usual right now.   What's his diet like, and has he eaten anything new since the rashes started? Is he nursing? If not, does he eat any yogurt or other probiotic foods?
OK, I just nixed the "can my friend come over for an hour?" but she's going for a short walk instead. (I'm not sure if she's meeting the friend outside somewhere, but there's less chance of transmission if they're not meeting INSIDE, right?)   How long should I keep her  quaranteened if she's feeling OK overall but still coughing? Is it safe for her to return to school on Monday? I'll need a doctor's note to send her back if she misses more than 3 days of school...
At 10mo, I think he should be nursing several times a day. It's certainly OK for babies that age to mostly nurse and just have "tastes" of foods, and it's certainly OK for other babies to nurse as much as they did at 5mo (ie, not nurse more than they did then) but make up the difference (the extra food a bigger/more active baby needs) through solids. I'm not sure whether or not it's OK for a baby that young to  actually reduce their milk intake. A lot depends on what the...
She's feeling so much better that she wants to resume normal activities- specifically she wants to invite some friends over this afternoon/evening. My gut instinct is that this is a BAD idea, and risky for the friends. Chances are that the individuals she wants to invite are "fully vaccinated."   Should I not allow her to have anybody over?
Sick little kids also don't get PMS when they're sick.