or Connect

Posts by Jewels*

I have been reading "sleepless in America" and it has changed my life.  It is very against cry it out (as am I) and it has made the world of difference to me and my family. Just a thought.  
I am!  
In the early days / months what helped you make the transition from 1 to 2?   What would you do differently another time around?   What helped your kiddo?   What did you do to prepare them?   Were they present at the birth? How did that work?   Anything else you can think of to manage at home with two?   How did everyone get a nap?   How did you cook dinner? Were you co-sleeping? Who slept where?
I'm a lurker too... kinda - I rarely post these days just due to lack of time! Anyway, I am here - and I do read... I'll try and post more! Promise!
Just a thought... the "No Cry Sleep Solution" and "Sleepless in America" were LIFE CHANGING for me when my DD was very young.  I don't know if you've read any books but if it were me that is where I would start!   I hope that you can manage some rest soon, I know just how hard it can be!  
That sounds really hard! What a wonderful mother you are for looking after his nursing needs!   Have you tried feeding him milk in an open cup? Some mothers find that cup feeding has worked for them.  I don't have much first hand experience but thought I would offer my 2 cents! Good Luck!  
Wow! Amazing cakes! I'm so not a baker so reading about all these cakes is impressive!   DD's first birthday "cake" wasn't even a cake (mostly due to my previously mentioned lack of baking skill)   She loved watermelon at the time (August) and so I bought one, cut it into the shape of a layer cake and "frosted" is with Greek Yogurt and then decorated it with blueberries and strawberries.   It was a big hit!  
I've been outta the loop here for a while, I just had to say... the oil cleansing method is like my new religion.  It is AMAZING and I got results right away.  I wash my face with honey in the AM and do the OCM at night.    I wish I'd known about it when I was a teenager!! I've been doing it for about 5 months or so and I've gone from feeling like I need to wear foundation everyday to just covering up a stray zit or two to people complimenting me on my skin at the...
Subbing!! I'll be back to post later!!!
Carlin!!   I think we need to be friends IRL! We have lots in common!