or Connect

Posts by Chinaberry

This is my home, my sanctuary so I should do as I very well please!   Yeah! That's what I was trying to say!   It's her problem not yours. She can choose to be whatever kind of mean old grandma she wants, and that takes nothing from the great job you're doing. But thank God they're leaving soon, and how beautiful it is that you could help them out.   And I feared for you, hearing the poor babies cry next week, not being able to help them... no wait! It's your...
I'm sorry honey; she sounds awful. But your title really should replace "AP" with "randoms crashing" in your house. Fix that and you're good to go!
I have a peach-faced lovebird, acquired as free to a good home... six years ago, and DS is almost 2. DS has definitely been bitten on the finger/ head/ feet when I have both of them crawling on me at once, but he's still interested in the bird, and enjoys watching him and watching me play with him, just doesn't try to touch him. They seem to have reached some kind of accord. DS does bother the birdcage, whacking it with various objects, and peeking under the cover in the...
26 weeks (omg, really?!?) and about 20 pounds. I blame ravenous skinny toddler-boy and his high-calorie, high-protein see-food diet... which I prepare... I expect I'll come out about 30 pounds total for this pregnancy, with aforementioned toddler it was 25 right on the dot. Can't really get hung about it, BF is the best diet plan ever! And I feel like a seal when I go swimming now, very buoyant.
Linda, you strengthen my resolve to keep the mommy nap a priority. Bless you.   ETA the thing I was referring to: "It is so much easier to react with love and compassion to others when one's own needs are being consistently met rather than put on hold indefinitely."
Hi Mamas, this has been an awesome conversation and I have learned a lot. Thanks!   My turn :) Rule #1: Nobody cares what I'm doing (in the esoteric microcosm of AP vs. whatever). Really. If I am being judged, that person wants control. They either want me to make the same choices they did because it validates their choices, or they're power trippers. So that's on them. If I'm just feeling judged, that's my feeling and it's my problem and I have to work it out. Am...
They did what???? Eewwww the toothbrushing thing is NASTY! And the trash-talking on top of it? No way. Either would initiate a No Unsupervised Visits Ever policy, and very few supervised ones either. Maybe I'm sensitive too, but I don't think you're being too sensitive, at all. I would be very angry at first, then I would be happy because now I would know I hardly ever have to see them again! DH can enjoy their company all by himself, while you continue to create...
ITA. I didn't feel the kind of pain that one thinks of as "pain," like "ouch, I broke my arm, twisted my ankle, killer headache." It was more like really strenuous exercise. (That's how much I like exercise.)    Reading Ina May helped a lot, too, to understand what was going on, and for the idea that you can really get into it, and ride the power to where it takes you.   Believe you can do it, that's my advice!  
Yeah, it's "gross" but I'm doing it anyway!! I'm really scared to not have the energy for my toddler whom I adore more than life itself, so I'll try anything! DH, now? He's completely sicked out by the idea, so probably capsules. There's a service in town that will come and get the placenta itself from the birth center and deliver the caps the next day. We're just animals after all I guess...
lol, you're as "huge" as me! We're both 14 weeks. And I feel colossal... I'm daring myself to look at pictures from 2 years ago (first pg) but I don't want to b/c I remember clearly which pants I was wearing at 5 months and they are LONG GONE! I haven't taken pictures yet this time. Chicken. I just tell myself that it's sick and twisted that not "looking pg" when you ARE is supposed to be some kind of compliment. One of these days I'll believe myself. Rock on...