or Connect

Posts by GnomeyNewt

I'm so sorry for your loss! I miscarried about 2 days ago also. This is my first loss and I've found some comfort on support groups with other mammas going through similar. Please take care of yourself and squeeze your babies tight. I have been obsessive with them lately myself.
I miscarried last night at 8.2 weeks. I have had cramping since before I started posting at 4.5 weeks and bleeding started at 6.5 weeks and has continued still. 2 nights of bad intense cramping and I passed my little bean naturally. Hope you ladies have happy & healthy pregnancies. I will be checking back to see how everyone does and hope to read some amazing birth stories. Can't wait to see some beautiful babies in Feb.
I've always gotten 1 u/s on both of my previous pregnancy around 20 weeks, but that went out the window today as I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks to help diagnosis some bleeding w/cramping that I've had since last wed. Found a place that does 30% off if you pay at the time of the appointment, so I was pretty happy with that discount! Otherwise, I live about 1.5 hours away from my midwife, she allowed me to come in less, about every 1 1/2 months at first and than towards the...
We are a pretty spread out group! I'm out in the Northwest, Washington State, near the Hood Canal. Born and raised in Aiea, Hawaii and left right after High School! Was going to visit this year, but with new little bean on the way not sure if its in the cards financial wise. Wanted to go New Years, so my kids could experience a Hawaiian New Years, which is similar to 4th of July out here. Wonder if that is too close to Feb due date to fly?
Joining in late, but I started spotting last Wed on the 4th, while we were camping! It was a little freaky. It has been ongoing still, when I wipe there is brownish/pinkish. I also have lower back pain, which I've had for 2 weeks and my nausea had disappeared for a few days, so my midwife sent us in for an ultrasound. Little did I know they do vaginal ultrasounds at this time if you go in, never had gone in so early so I had no idea. It was painless though and my kids were...
This will be my 3rd homebirth with the same midwife. First on a bed, second was in water, and planning on water again this time. My first birth I did have the option of water, but I got uncomfortable at one point so she ended up being born on my bed! I didn't eat my whole placenta, but my DH did put it in my smoothie. I have no idea how much, because honestly it sounds gross and I didn't ask... but I did drink the smoothie he made because he believed it would be...
I had spotting once with my last pregnancy. I didn't have any with my first, so it was concerning, but my midwife said to keep an eye on it and to let her know if I had any cramping, specifically on one side and if I kept bleeding/had more blood. It happened just that once and my son is now 5 years old. I would definitely find a midwife or OB, so you can call them in the future with any questions like these. It helps to have a caregiver you trust to guide you through some...
I don't remember in the last 2 pregnancies, not wanting anything touching my belly, but this time around I am certainly way more aware of it! I have been lounging in my workout shorts and some pj bottoms that I can comfortably keep in place under my belly. I did manage to dig out all my maternity clothes, which we thought we had donated a few years ago when we did a sweep of all our stuff in our garage but we found them and I was so super happy! I have a good range of...
I don't remember that big of a mess, however I just gave birth so I could care less . Whatever mess there was, it wasn't there when I woke up the next morning and it didn't get all over our bed or stain anything. I remember a load of laundry being done, but that's it. Second birth was in water, only mess was draining the tub! I would imagine each birth produces different amounts of items to clean up, but definitely talk to your midwife about it. The mess was minimal, most...
I agree with Miranda. We have a lot of musical instruments around and let them play around on them when they want to and listen to a lot of music and watch youtube videos of people creating music/covers. They have a lot of fun with that. I would ask occasionally if my oldest wanted to learn x,y,z and when she turned 7, she wanted to learn how to play the Piano... so now she takes lessons and its worked out great. My youngest now is getting interested form watching his...