or Connect

Posts by Phycologia

My DS will be 3 in two months. We have been cutting down on nursings since he turned two, and we have been just at one feeding before bed, and occasionally in the morning if I get up with him (DH usually does).   It's definitely time to wean. I cannot stand the feel of nursing, so much so that I need to actually pinch myself hard to continue! The feeling is unbearable. The last week or so I've been cutting it down to ten seconds or so each side, then patting his back. He...
DS is 26 months. He nurses one side before naps and both sides before bedtime. Maybe 2-3 minutes each side most times.   I am still making milk but I have no idea how much he is getting at this point. I am interested in experimenting with some supplements.   Do I need to worry about potential effects on him at this point in the nursing relationship? Or would the amounts be so small as to be negligible?   I am particularly interested in piracetam, aniracetam,...
Well, he is a boob man. Always has been. Not to be overly share-y but he has a few "technical issues" without being able to do that.   I guess that he is far more exposed to the mainstream view that he doesn't feel like it's necessary for DS to continue nursing. And frankly, while it is what is best for him, he'd do fine without it. Millions and millions of kids are weaned before 2 and they turn out perfectly normal. So to him, it's like "my wife is insisting on this...
I don't know if this is in the right place.    I am still nursing my 15 month old and plan on doing so until about 2. It's going fine and I think its necessary since DS refuses to drink cow's milk and would just fill up on water (he LOVES water) if I stopped nursing. He's had some weight gain issues so I worry about that.   The problem is that I cannot stand any kind of foreplay involving my breasts. It's been negatively affecting our sex life. Our marriage is...
DS just had his 12 month WBV. He is breastfeed, no cow's milk, and on solids.They did a finger stick for a hemoglobin count and it came back 10.4. Doctor said 10.5 is where she would set the cutoff and prescribed a liquid iron supplement, and plans on rechecking his hemoglobin at 15 months. She said if it's back up after taking the supplement for those three months she'll need to rule out an underlying cause.   First, I'm uncertain about the supplement. It tastes...
Yes, I do this a few times a day out of necessity. I let him cling to my legs and whine, but continue talking to him, when I'm trying to do something half a load of dishes. I'm trying to do that a little more each day for a little longer. I wouldn't know how to encourage him to play alone for a few minutes without baby-gating him since he'd just drop everything and crawl over, though
Thanks for the feedback! When he was colicky I went to 3 different pediatricians desperate for a diagnosis of something "fixable". I did a TED for six weeks (blech) and used probiotics with no results. I am really quite obsessive about his sleep, following age-appropriate waketimes and bedtimes (he sleeps through the night and takes two naps). He goes to all his well-baby visits and his ears have been given the all-clear many times! So unfortunately, there aren't any...
I've generally ascribed to the notion that you can't spoil a baby by giving him too much attention. My son is approaching a year old I'm not quite so sure that's true anymore.   He's always been a high needs child. When he was a small infant most of his awake time was spent crying and we would have to intensely entertain/soothe him to prevent him from melting down. Now most of the time he is awake he is whining to be picked up, clinging to our legs, and refusing to...
I just discovered that he loves egg yolks mashed with breastmilk this morning! That's good.   I know I sound freaked out, but it's just so emotionally draining to have a baby who hates nursing. I don't know why it feels so personal. Everyone here says that babies rarely self-wean before 18 months, but is that really true? Isn't he self-weaning if he simply has no interest in nursing and hasn't for months? He's not going to magically jump back on the boob is...
I am so frustrated that I am ready to throw in the towel. I probably would have already if my DS would take a bottle of formula. He has been on a semi-nursing strike since he was 4 months old. He would scream at the breast and arch his back, and with lots of tears and patience I managed to continue BFing him by nursing him while he's drowsy, in a quiet dark room, lots of cuddling, and all the other tricks I've seen. It's never been easy or rewarding but I continued...