or Connect

Posts by Tata

I just can't seem to get over the horror of what the reality was during the founding of this "Nation". It has no "values" in it except greed and power and control. I don't see religion or spirituality in any of it. So, I'm not sure that this discussion is even discussing the right things. I really don't see Christian or any religious values for that matter, saying it was OK to genocide the indigenous population, take slaves from Africa, destroy the natural resources and...
Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil DH is that you? Seriously this is almost word for word what my husband always says about the whole thing. Muah-ha-ha-ha! No. But I am someone's husband and I do talk that way. Especially when annoyed.
The U.S. of A. was founded as any nation state was and has been, as an exercise to control the populace so as to facilitate the ruling class with power and wealth. The founding fathers may have been oppressed spiritually, but they also were oppressed financially and in the way of power. The King ruled England and controlled the taxation, hence also the wealth of the state. By taking that away from him, a new ruling class was created giving enormous power to a wealthy...
My concern is that putting Dads or Fathering as a sub forum will ultimately lead to a slow death for this forum. It makes it not so obvious and that much more difficult to find for new dads / fathers. It's never been the most active forum, and I fear it will become even less active because of the move.
Shows how often I poke my head in. The poll is closed and I didn't even know it was here. I'd say Fathering is a fine choice for reasons already stated.
Bumping
Howdy. Dad here. My partner and I had been together for 16 years and had two children before we decided (against our wills) to get married. Your relationship is what makes things work and not an officiate or a piece of paper. If your relationship and commitment to each other is there to begin with, no worries. As to losing your job and having to support a new human, believe me, it will work out. You and your gf will figure it out. Because, the primary thing to think about...
Right on, Skim. The earth and the problems that have been handed to it by the human species really don't need a Disney slant to them. Disney has made some spectacular movies. However, they always have a main stream status quo message within their films. They are a powerful company and control what many millions of children see around the world. This is the reason for the way the movie is structured. The show must go on. Business as usual. We have this major message to...
Finding ways of being home more, working at a job less and still making ends meet. Unschooling the kids. Writing more while doing the above. Giving Mama the break time that keeps her sane while doing the above. Being very present in all their lives. Bucking the system that tells me because I am male, I cannot be doing the above. That I need to just work 40 plus hours and be OK with not seeing my kids. That my pride should come from working a job and not from direct support...
oops