or Connect

Posts by ladyzbyrd

I took Zantac before bed as a preventive measure for heartburn, since I've been getting it every night - unfortunately, 20 minutes later, I still had some pretty good heartburn.  I'm sure pepperoni pizza, and snagging the peppercini didn't help me any - lol.  So, I'm just chugging along.  And it felt GREAT to sleep in till 9am this morning.      
Oh, I'm not even going to tell my ob!  I talked to the prenatal masseuse today to find out more, and I like what I hear!  Also, got a bit of info on helping baby to DROP.  Something that is one of those tall tales, but has nothing to back it up, but the stories have been going around for years.  I don't remember the word I'm looking for...Anyways - that "story" is hanging bells at your waist or ankles - that something apparently to do with the sound of the bells will...
I'm still hanging about and pregnant!  Due date they originally gave me is March 29th, which is this Tuesday, and the one I have stood by the entire time.  The due date based on sonogram sizing was the 19th, and I already proved them wrong on that.  I still haven't dropped, but Alistair has been VERY active the last week and a half, and I can feel when he is trying to position himself into my pelvis, but no contractions, no loss of mucus plug, nothing.  My doctor wants...
I have taken it upon myself to create a forum for Spring Mamas with DDC's in March, April, and May 2011. If you gave birth early or late, you're still welcome!   springmamas2011.freeforums.org   It is a 100% private forum, so I do ask that you e-mail me or pm me on here to let me know that you have registered and what your username will be. I am all for security amongst mamas and what we share together, and this won't be any different!   Love you all, and to...
I have taken it upon myself to create a forum for Spring Mamas with DDC's in March, April, and May 2011.  If you gave birth early or late, you're still welcome!   springmamas2011.freeforums.org   It is a 100% private forum, so I do ask that you e-mail me or pm me on here to let me know that you have registered and what your username will be.  I am all for security amongst mamas and what we share together, and this won't be any different!   Love you all, and...
I have taken it upon myself to create a forum for Spring Mamas with DDC's in March, April, and May 2011.  If you gave birth early or late, you're still welcome!   springmamas2011.freeforums.org   It is a 100% private forum, so I do ask that you e-mail me or pm me on here to let me know that you have registered and what your username will be.  I am all for security amongst mamas and what we share together, and this won't be any different!   Love you all, and...
I will be 36 weeks on this upcoming Tuesday -     :-D   My husband isn't that great of a photographer, but he tries!   I really need to talk to my manager at work - she does photography, too, and she promised me months ago, she would do a maternity shoot for me at no cost.  I'm getting rather late in my pregnancy, and the weather is NOT going to get any better before Alistair gets here.  In South Dakota, waiting for a nice day during pregnancy, unless...
I'm pretty sure my Alistair is head down at this point.  When I gently depress around the top of my fundus, I feel some pelvic pressure, which is slightly uncomfy, but I know it's just baby.  If I press lower down where the head is, there's no other movement anywhere else in the uterus.  Unless he decides to kick or poke back at me.  I still think he's trying to decide on if he's going to want to try to face my tummy or my butt for delivery (but my doctor will turn him...
Soooo tired today, but I still have things to do!  I got birthday presents out of the way for DH (on the 22nd), and I have gained a total of about 40 pounds .  Alistair's heart rate this week (32 weeks) is 145-150, which is doing good.  He was very active this morning, so I am betting that's why his heart rate was so much higher than it was 2 weeks ago, which was in the 130-135 range.   I haven't slipped or fallen, but I have been having some lower back pain, which I...
My Alistair seems to be in one position - with little variation, so I get kicks/punches/twists usually high up or low down.   I DID figure out a few mornings ago how to feel for the firmer parts of my belly where he actually is sitting, and if I depress gently a couple times (when he's awake, hopefully), I can get kicks and punches back - I love it!  I like to do it for fun, just to feel my little one.  :-)  I'm such a dork, but I'm 28, only having my first, and my...