or Connect

Posts by newmomlearning

Shared your post on FB!
I chose to homeschool because I want the best for my children.  The unanticipated benefit has been that homeschooling is best for our whole family.  
Ask him to leave.   Ask him for time for you both to reassess what each wants in Life/is this how you really want to LIVE?  Sounds like you need him out of your space so you can THINK and FEEL without his negative comments/energy.   Does he have a relative/friend nearby he can stay with?   In regard to clearing clutter in the house, I can relate.  My divorce left me with the task of sorting our 11-years of accumulated belongings (junk?).  I've been moving it from...
Hi,   We're looking for a new dental practice for our family.  Would love to find an Holistic practice in our area.  Any recommendations?   Also open to traveling if the Dental Office is really top-notch.   Thank you!
  Thanks!  Every bit is true.    Divorce has felt, at times, like crawling across glass.  The whole desire to have a lasting, happy marriage is difficult to let go.  Add kids, soooo much more agony.    That said, it is like being coal as it is forged into a diamond.  What I learned through difficult experience is really who I am now.  Painful knowledge of myself, but priceless.  I thought Divorce was for people who didn't take Marriage seriously, or who were awful to live...
Yay, YOU!!   So nice to hear it worked out so well for you!  A light in the dark.    Have been struggling for the three years since I left, but I've been working in the right direction.  Have my own house now, started my own business.  Hoping it will all begin to click soon.   Oh...really, we should write a book.  A book that tells the truth: "Run!: Hey Girl, You're actually Super-Capable!."   Or, "A Woman needs a Man like a Fish needs a Bicycle."   I...
We live in another state from my ex-H.  He has been visiting us for a week & it has been far from a pleasure. Your post reminds me of the fit of giggles I had on Saturday... when I realized that I was so happy we are already divorced, because it saves me the trouble of getting a divorce!!   Grumpy, irritable, short with the kids, every request you have of him is a monumental imposition???  What you describe is someone who isn't a good partner.  Take a look at the...
We went to our Naturopath and tried some herbal remedies.  DD did not like fennel seed & reacted strongly to it (couching/gagging).  She could not take supplements in pill form/gel cap form.   What made a difference for us was 1 garlic clove taken with a spoonful of local honey, 5xs the first day... then 3xs per day after that.  It did noticeably lessen the severity of the cough.  
Hi, Posting an update.  My 10 year-old is much better now, but it was a long process to wellness.  She still coughs periodically, but not with the frequency and severity of what she experienced in the Spring.  My six year-old coughs as well.  She never experienced the severest symptoms, but cycled through the illness quickly.   I never came-down with any severe symptoms, a cold, a cough.  Now, I'm not coughing at all. Despite the fact that we all had...
Hi Mami_Feliz,   Thanks.  I think I did read your post.  I'm glad your children are well again!    In regard to antibiotics, when do they need to be taken to reduce contagion?  I'd read the 5 days for antibiotics and 21 days if you don't have them... but when does the 21 days start?  What phase of WC is considered the contagions part?   I think you're right about there being perhaps a milder-form of WC...  this seems to have all the earmarks except the kids...