or Connect

Posts by newmomlearning

Thanks.  I don't know if it is WC.  The Dr. seemed to think not because the girls are OK at night.  Has anyone had WC without severe nighttime coughing fits?   I had read that if you're past the first 2 weeks, antibiotics wouldn't help.   It is well over 21 days since the onset of both girl's coughing.    Did you mean 21 days from start of symptoms or 21 days from last symptoms?   If the kids are still coughing, are they contagious?  
My kids are 100% non-vaxxed.   My 5-year old had a loud & persistent cough in April.  Throughout, she was energized, running & happy... but, coughing.  Her sister started the same symptoms the week prior to vacation... and they spend the vacation week resting together and taking it easy at home.   Two weeks ago, the 5 year-old threw-up one night in bed. Then her cough began to get less frequent.  She now coughs & I can hear the phlegm... but she coughs once or...
Hi,   I am down today as I'm at a crossroads about our housing situation.  A house I own (needs work!!) is not in the right school district, but is in a beautiful area.  I've been renting the lovely house I'm in...   but, it will no longer be available at the end of this school year.  Have been searching high & low for a new place and am striking-out on finding something in our school district.   So, I'm freaking out.    Wondering if this inability to find a...
Hi Fear the Penguin & Sren.    Thank you!  I don't know what it is that makes people lord it over others.  I'm moving to a space where I will wish them luck, get beyond my need for approval/love, and be on my way to living life on my terms.    Perhaps that is the purpose of this type of pain!
I can't vouch for the "safety" of it, but we actually experienced this.   When she was five, my oldest daughter contracted Chicken Pox after exposure to a Teacher who had come down with Shingles.  Her two year-old sister actually got Chicken Pox first & then the five year old came down with it.   We got by with oatmeal baths and Aveeno Anti-itch cream.  They were in good spirits, but itchy.  With the two kids contracting it at different times, it did take a loong...
Shantimama,   Thank you.  Definitely trying to focus on the joy I have here.  Reached-out with an Easter greeting & my heart is hurting by the silence I've gotten in return.   Nice tidy lives.  I had one once, but I never shut-out anyone going through a rough patch.  I know this is temporary, this time of my Life.  I will never forget, though, that not only did I walk it alone...  there were some who couldn't even treat me with dignity.   I'm not religious in...
It's Easter weekend and I'm not traveling to take my kids to visit my Mom & extended family.    Our last visit was tense.  My brother was rude to my 10 year-old daughter, and my sister blew-off plans we had made to take the kids to the museum.  My mom was fine, but the other "grown-ups" were obviously annoyed with me but wouldn't come straight-out and tell me their issues.   Honestly, I feel that my family members were pushing me away.   I can guess...
Checked back to see how you are & Have some thoughts to share on your recent post:   "I'm trying really hard to be the bigger person, to not let the little things bother me."   GOOD.  Keep doing this!!  But, don't be her doormat.   "I'll ask him a question via e-mail or text and SHE'LL respond. Or will send me e-mails about how she thinks there is a lack of "co-parenting"on my part and wants to have more open communication between all of us so we can be...
Really sorry to hear your story of being deceived by your husband.    You did well to get sole physical custody. I was told the same thing about legal custody and was able to get sole physical custody.  This was so important to me as I had been a good, faithful wife & a great mom to our kids....  I felt I had done everything "right" and honored my commitments... only to be robbed of my family.  He bailed on the marriage & yet I was expected to hand over my kids every...
Just wanted to reply & support you.    You said, "Thank you for reading and listening to me, no one else does..."  I want you to consider those words.  It took me a LOONNNGGG time to realize that I was telling people what I needed & it didn't get me anywhere.  Finally, it dawned on me that I... my own self ... wasn't even listening & doing anything about it.  Then, I moved into action..  and things are working out.   You listened to yourself!!!  You did it!!  You...