or Connect

Posts by newmomlearning

Does anyone think the timing of this has to do with Hannah Poling?
Hi, It is a torture trying to decide what is the right thing to do in regard to vaccines. I decided not to vac, and I still worry. Things have gone well for us & that has been a comfort. If you are this worried, your instincts may be trying to tell you something. It may be that you need information before you proceed with more vaccines. It shouldn't be anguish to go to the Pediatrician. I think you may need to start with seeking a new Ped. I was able to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Warda_Rose I often had to prop my dc up a bit while nursing when they were stuffy. And like the PPs say there is no need to avoid contact with her. I hope you are both better soon. Yes, I've done this too & it helps. I agree with everyone who has posted, just keep Bfing. You've already been exposed to each other, so don't add additional stress to dc and yourself...keep doing what you do. When my DD was 6-months...
Hi, DD saw the pediatrician and she is negative for Strep Throat/Scarletina. . Whew. Dr. said the bloodshot eyes were probably due to the fever & virus. DD is much better today. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and taking the time to soothe my worried mama soul. newmomlearning
Thank you all for posting. I have a 2PM appointment for DD today. She is much better. She lost weight 'cause she did not want to eat, just drank OJ and H20. The eyes are back to normal and her temp was lowgrade for a few days, now seems to be running slightly lower than 98.5 Feeling less worried due to all your posts & recovery stories, her recovery makes it seem like it isn't Kawasaki disease. Also, no rash ever occured. Glad I have a very calm pediatrician, and...
Hi A&A, Thank you the response. I read about something called Kawasaki disease (on the web, ofcourse) which is more than a cold, and it presents with bloodshot eyes (no gunk) and Scarletina-like symptoms. I'll feel like a moron, but I will ask my Dr. about it tomorrow & post again. Thanks!
Hi, My 6-year old DD came down with a fever (104 degrees) on Thursday evening. She'd been exposed to Chicken Pox about 10 days prior...so, I thought this was what it was. I called the Doctor on Friday after learning a classmate was diagnosed with Scarletina/Strep Throat..., I didn't know what I was dealing with & how I should handle it. I was advised to watch her symptoms, give her Tylenol and see if she broke out in a rash. On Saturday am, she was more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dumpling I like that there's no one around to make me feel insufficient. No one here to make me struggle to have to preserve my identity and not try to make me melt into their ways and perceptions of the world. Was being in a relationship that crappy? Wow. I am not a single-mom yet, but am coming up on ten years of traveling down the wrong road. I think my marriage has run its course, my husband doesn't put...
Wow. I had to post. Your partner's statements are rude and disrespectful. The way he has spoken to you is no way to treat a PARTNER. He is trying to bully you into allowing him to take your son away, alone. You have the power—don't give it away. He is resorting to bullying and name calling to get you to do what he wants—but he knows you have the power. He is bullying you because he wants you to think HE has the power/ultimate decision-making about your...
What helped me the most was to download FireFox browser and then install the Web Developer Toolbar. This is puts CSS in a very VISUAL form and will enable you to reverse engineer any CSS site and basically disect it at your own pace. I found it to be a real learning tool. The second thing that helped me was to get away from Dreamweaver and Adobe Go Live and begin using BB Edit. Once you start dealing directly with Code...it is SO MUCH EASIER to really master CSS...