or Connect

Posts by newmomlearning

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I can see how the original post was confusing. I guess it is because I am confused. : I guess my core issue is this: My husband has demonstrated a trait of forging ahead in life at his pace and expecting me to agree to everything and just follow along. My concern is that as I transition to a SAHM with no "paycheck," that he will act as if he has more say in decision-making matters because he is making the money and supporting the...
I am struggling with my decision to be a SAHM. I know this is what I need, and what my daughter needs. But, I have fears that my husband and I will fall into very traditional roles...and money will become an issue in terms of who has more say in how we spend it. This has already been a problem for us. My Dh is a tradesman and he makes quite a deal more money than I do. I actually have skills (web design/graphic design), so I could match his salary if I were given...
It does feel reassuring to hear about toddlers that just started talking in complete sentences one day...but, I guess I'll still worry that something is wrong until my Dd actually starts making some kind of effort. With our Dd, her word recognition is obviously there. I'll say, "Go get the pillow." And, she'll run and get it. The other day, I hung our Christmas wreath on the door and was talking to Dh about it while I worked. I never stood there and pointed it out...
oceanbaby, My Dd is 23months and your description of your son could be a description of her. My DH and I are beginning to get worried as she doesn't really say anything in our language, but rather in long speeches..with great fanfare and emphasis (hand gestures, the works) in her own personal language. She hasn't said any real words, she did say, "Bye, bye." one day...but she hasn't said it since. We plan to have her hearing checked next month (this may change if...
mamajulie, I think you and I have MIL's with the same methods-of-operation! I think you handled the situation beautifully. You were very clear with her about your family's needs and that these needs came before her wishes. It's too bad you and DH fought about your MIL's rudeness (been there & done that more than I wish), but your DH did not undermine you. He may have offered a compromise to appease his mom, and this he knows how to do because he has a lot of...
I lost one of my dearest friends on 911. As time has passed, the rawness of the loss has not gotten much easier. I have a recurring dream of her in which she tells me she didn't die, that it was a mistake. I feel really happy that it's not true that she died in the WTC. We usually go off and do something like shop and I get around to asking, "Then, where have you been?" I wake up. I wonder if I dream this so often because I can't accept that she died this...
Oh yeah. If my DH did that, I would be very, very upset. By his uninformed purchasing of a tool that I use in my proffession, and by his abusive dismisal of my justified outrage. My husband is in the trades as well, your DH should understand that the right tool to do the job makes all the difference....and, how would he know what features you need if he doesn't do the laundry?????!!!???? Run that by him. A laundry machine is not a GIFT. It is a tool to do...
Wow. I have been away for a while and just stopped in briefly tonight. That is so sad. She is emotionally abusive to her son... I know you will be a source for love for this little one. He needs you! Bye.
The Cowboy Junkies! Margo Timmins is amazing!
I was a little freaked the first time after our Dd was born—I had heard how it could be painful. Well, we loaded up on astroglide and it was great. I'm breastfeeding, but my AF came back at 11 weeks! So, maybe the estrogen is in balance. We still use astroglide, but not as much in the early weeks. Just using a lubricant helps me to get over my nervousness of pain (which doesn't help you get in the mood) & enjoy myself.