or Connect

Posts by sleet76

We used Clonlara for my DD's kindy year, which was, in retrospect, a bit silly, as we lived in the US in one of the least restrictive states with no reporting at all.  They do offer you some curriculum/curriculum suggestion ideas--not like, "Use Saxon Math", but instead, "take time walking with the kids and perhaps count acorns" kind of stuff.  My DH was a little nervous about the accreditation aspect of homeschooling, but since we got that out of his system, we haven't...
Clonlara is not Christian, and has international students, and has a good reputation.  It isn't cheap, though.  Good luck!
I'm sorry this didn't get responded to earlier.  I have experienced this with my son who has ADHD when he was younger.  He is now 6, and while we do have some occasional impulsive "accidents", I am much less likely to get my nose bloodied by his head while trying to get him dressed, etc.  Hang in there!  It does get frustrating, though, I know.
Oh, I've also not used the teaching manuals.  They may be great--I've never even seen one, though.  I think the workbooks are sufficient to show both me and the kids how to form the letters in the WHOT style.  I can't imagine what the teaching manuals would be useful for, but I'm sure there is much there that I don't know of.  
I'd say to start with just the K workbook and go from there.  It covers upper and lower case, and if it is easy for him, he will move through it quickly, but it covers the formation of all the letters in both cases.  The first grade book also covers the formation of letters, but in a quick review way, and has short sentences and lots of words on a page for the writing.  I have the wooden letters and have never used them.  I have really not found any use for any of the...
It was 6 years ago now, but I had a great totally natural birth at Meriter with a CNM. I didn't have an IV, I left at 24 hrs easily with no problems, and my midwife was great and as hands-off as I wanted her to be.  It was the most peaceful most "natural" of my "natural" births.  Good luck with your choice!
Oops, I reread the OP, and I see that you were looking for a prenatal caregiver, and my post won't help with that.  But if you need a pediatrician..
We lived in Springfield for three years, and moved away a little over a year ago.  I really liked our Springfield Clinic pediatrician, Terry Jones.  We do vax, so not sure how he would stand on that, but I found him to be very laid-back, supportive of breastfeeding and wasn't too worried about sleeping arrangements, etc...  My boys are intact, and he never retracted them or acted like they were in any way unusual (and in Springfield, they were not in the majority as...
I bought a copy at a significant discount through Homeschool Buyers' Coop.  I don't know if they are still offering it, but worth checking it out!  Still expensive, but the savings ranged from about 15-40% depending on how many years you bought.     We have the Spanish version, and we like it.  We haven't used it a ton yet, but I have done the first few units, my 8-yo (when she was 7) has done a few units, and my newly-6-yo can use it fairly well, though he is a good...
We do "school" through the summer, but we are very relaxed and mellow about school all year round.  In the summer, we just do two or three things and just make a little progress, and try not to forget so we have to backtrack in the fall.  This summer, we will do math, spelling, and I'm going to gently encourage the kids to do a little more independent reading--especially my soon-to-be 3rd grader.    If I were in your situation, and I wanted to make a smooth and...