or Connect

Posts by sleet76

Interesting thread. I am sitting at home this week while my DH is away at his parents' house for his dad's bypass surgery. I would have liked to have gone with DD (12months and ULTRA-mobile), but with emotions running high, people being busy and unable to help me chase her around their house, I chose to stay home. MIL does move cleaning supplies out from under the kitchen sink, but there are too many stairs, breakables, plants that I don't recognize, small choking...
This is one of those decisions that can be really tough. I can't give any advice, as each person, couple, and family will have completely different ideas, beliefs, needs, and background. But I will share how I personally think about my/our situation. The main thing that I think of when thinking about our family planning is the idea that I don't think I could ever regret having a child once they are here. Upon adding a child to the family, I think I could only reflect...
My experience was also similar to Raven's. My daughter co-slept with us until after she was 3 months old, at which point DH, DD, and I were all sleeping poorly due to her new moving skills, noises, etc... and DH and I waking her trying to get comfortable after being awakened by her. We both enjoyed co-sleeping with her, but it didn't seem to be the best long-term solution for us. At the time I began the crib transition, she was typically waking 3x a night for...