or Connect

Posts by Thyme Mama

This may seem obvious, but are you burping after every feeding? I never burped my other babies, but this new little one HAS to be burped or he is inconsolable.   Another thought, you could possibly have a milk "imbalance", where the baby is getting too much of the gas-producing and tummy upsetting foremilk and not enough of the rich, hindmilk. The solution is to pump an ounce or two out before baby nurses, and also to nurse on the same breast for several feedings, so...
Yay! No more prodromal labor!!! Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!!!   Welcome Lydia Jane!
Hooray Oceanseve!!!! Can't wait to hear more!
That sucks. I just wanted to say though, that it seems a huge number of babies in this DDC have been (unexpectedly) over a week late. All my babies have come right around their due date (I chart), and the baby I just gave birth to was 10 days late! I don't know if it's the time of year, the moon phases, the weather, who knows? It just seems there have been a lot of us mamas who are on our 3rd, 4th, 5th or more babies and they have been uncharacteristically late this...
Thanks ladies!!! I had a lovely birth story all typed up and then my 2 yo DS somehow deleted it. I was so bummed and still haven't been in the right mood or have had time to write it again. Though baby is asleep, kids are in bed, and I'm going to sneak into the bath and maybe write it now!   Here's a couple cute pics though:  
  I couldn't have been more wrong! November 17th, morning time, 7 lb 1 oz, 19", boy.
Hi mamas! Our baby is one week old today. I feel *incredibly* blessed. This has been my roughest pregnancy physically and emotionally, but the smoothest birth-wise, postpartum and baby-wise. I am still in awe of how amazing the birth was and how well baby and I are doing! Postpartums for me are usually pretty rough, between how craptastic I feel and the whole milk-allergy horribleness.   The afterpains were gone by day 3. I took ibuprofen the first 2 days, but it...
Awesome! What a great birth and a beautiful baby!   Welcome Levi Everett!
How scary! I am really happy to hear that things are getting better though. Sending you LOTS of healing and calming vibes.
He is beautiful!!! So happy for you that you had a nice, quick birth too!   Welcome little one!