or Connect

Posts by Thyme Mama

Interesting study! I love dates! They are one of those magical foods that are equally delicious in sweet or savory applications.
  Agreed! I so hope you get the rest you need tekcez!   WARNING: Vent ahead. I feel like nothing is getting done around here. DH stayed up all night long playing WOW. I want to freaking KILL him. His friend that is helping us do work around here is totally sympathetic. They have been BFF since they were 6. He said yesterday, "You know, I think your DH has some kind of anti-progress disease." Uh, YES.   Let me explain. The plan for yesterday was:   - Lay the floor in...
Great idea!   General Priceless Advice For All New Mamas (or, What I wish I had done the last three times):   - Rest with the new baby as much as possible. No matter how good I feel and how much the baby sleeps, don't try and "get stuff done".   - Accept help. If anyone asks if we need anything, don't hesitate to tell them to bring a meal over. Have a list of meal suggestions ready for DH to tell people what to bring.   Specific for me:   - Pump...
IDK how much our situation is helpful, but we were a family of 5 living in 900 square ft with 2 bedrooms until last year. Now we will be 6 living in 1200 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. Since I have never put a limit on how many toys/books/games/puzzles/crafts come into the house, I *have to* declutter the kids stuff constantly, so they are used to it. They actually ask if we can go through toys and get rid of stuff! I always emphasize how nice it is to be able to:   have...
If you already have a Lego train set, I personally would get rid of the Thomas set. Legos are so much more open-ended. I have two boys and one likes trains okay, but the other could care less about trains. But they LOVE Lego anything. My dd loves the Legos too. All three kids will spend all day for days on end playing Legos.   I like sere's suggestion of loaning it out if you just can't bring yourself to get rid of it, but seriously, if space is at a premium AND you...
Sweet!  
Ouch! There's always the old standby's that most of us have in the house:   Oatmeal, this is probably the best Beer (ale and stout in particular, very small amounts are helpful, even 1-2 oz) Lots of extra fluids   Do you have any pregnancy tea hanging around? A lot of the herbs in those standard blends are galactogogues. Fennel is especially good.   Have you been to http://kellymom.com/ ? Lots of helpful stuff and articles there.   Of course, just...
  You're sweet! I am sorry you are dong the remodel thing while pregnant/having a newborn too. Sounds like your house needs a new everything like ours!   The guys are going to get some trim up since it's been raining and we need to protect our new denim insulation/siding/sheetrock/flooring. Then they will be laying the bedroom floors. That's all today. YAY! Last night they made all my shelves, so today I will be sanding them and then putting my kitchen, linen closet and...
Since we have babies coming, let's get this roster going before it's too big to keep up!!!   I'll try to keep an eye on our group and add to the announcements, but if I miss you or get a detail wrong, please get my attention by posting in this thread or even sending me a PM. And how do we get a sticky again????   This is so exciting!   If you posted a thread announcing your baby's birth, I linked to it under the arrival section.   Also, until I...
Awesome mama!!!! Welcome earthside Zoe Violet!   And *thank you* for sharing your birth story, I know many of us could use the excitement!