or Connect

Posts by bethro

The best little sound bite to tell people was one I got from my MIL. She said to worry about whether to respond to his cues or not when "his wants and his needs are two different things." As long as his wants and his needs are the same (and at three months, they sure are) then responding to his cues is the right thing to do. And you will know when his wants and needs are different because he will WANT to stick his finger in his electrical socket, or hit the cat, or...
Bumping this up and hoping there are some moms out there with recs for daycare in Sharon!
I am starting the thrilling and terrifying process of finding daycare for my little guy. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but we are certainly nervous about having new people look after him when he has been at home with me until now.   He will be 15 months old soon. I don't have a very complicated list of requirements: a safe, caring environment. Anything else is gravy.   Please tell me of your experiences (good or bad) in the area and provide any recommendations...
Hi Hanka,   It's crazy, isn't it? I'm still surprised when we have to defend either breastfeeding or our decision to not circumcise.   We are moving soon and I have had a few recommendations. We are going to go to Dr. Guillette at Sturdy Pediatric Associates on the recommendation of someone who used to work with him. I haven't visited him so I can't vouch for him yet. I opened another thread and someone recommended: Dr. Walcott, Dr. Levine or Dr. Robertson in...
I posted a bit ago about finding a pediatrician in or near Sharon, MA for my 11-month-old son. I'm still looking if anyone out there has a suggestion. Thanks!
Hi All,   This seems to always be a popular topic on the forums, but I am yet another mother looking for a pediatrician who 1) understands breastfed babies and 2) understands how to treat (or not treat) intact penises.   My son will be 12 months soon and we are moving even sooner. We are leaving his doctor in Wakefield, MA (Enmei Wang, who I love and highly recommend) and moving to Sharon. Too far to keep his doctor.   We had some difficulty in the past with...