or Connect

Posts by happymamajenni

Wow...people have started responding to this all of a sudden, and it's been such a long time. I get teary when I read my old feelings. Things with my daughter are so much better. She is five years old now. While the affection and love and closeness are 100% better than they used to be, I still have a hard time with her wanting to spend time with me. She is very independant and stubborn, so she wants to play what she wants to play and is not very open to suggestions. ...
Just Today dd said (in line at the craft store): "Mom, why do your boobs bounce around when you laugh?" Me - "Let's talk about it when we get in the car" I was thinking, "great, now everyone is looking at my boobs."
I have never told my dd (age 4) not to tattle on her younger brother. Most times I am greatful that she is allerting me that something bad or wrong is going on. Now I think it's kind of backfiring because she is doing it more and more, and I feel like I don't have a moment of peace because she is allerting me of every action he takes. My friend is really big into teaching her kids not to tattle on each other, and tries to inforce it with my kids when we are there. It's...
I was so underpaid when I babysat. I watched a family with four kids when I was 12 (17 years ago). When the youngest came into the picture I started watching her when she was two weeks old. I would NEVER let a 12 year old stay alone for hours with a newborn, but apparently I was dependable because I sat for multiple families. Back then, for some reason, the going rate was about $2 no matter how many kids were in the family. Even when I was 19 and still babysitting...
I made it a point never to point out skin color. I still get irritated when people tell me stories and they make it a point to tell me the person's race, like it matters. Anyhow, my dd first let us know she noticed when she talked about the version of the movie Cinderella with the singer/actor Brandi in it. She used the word brown and I never corrected her. I guess I figured if she made a comment in public people might not understand what she was talking about. Now...
We have two kids, and as far as my husband is concerned, we are done. If I think about having another one I can usually talk myself out of it when I dwell on the negatives. I still have baby fever, and it's getting worse. I wish you could turn it off like a light, but you can't. If some things were different (we had more money, I was thinner and a pregnancy would be easier, we had another bedroom, and I wouldn't have to deal with ppd) I think I could probably talk my...
I don't want to offend any smokers out there that may be reading this. I do understand that some smokers smoke outside of their homes or in a designated room of the house. I have had a couple invites for playdates for my four year old daughter. I don't think some parents understand that I want to be there with her. I'm not yet prepared to ship her off to a strange home alone. Two of these invites, which I got out of, were to homes where all of the family members smell...
I am dealing with this with my 4 yo dd right now. The worst day was a trip to the zoo. We looked at the bears, and she wanted to see the lizards, and whined about it until we got there. Then she wanted the tigers, but we were nowhere near the tigers and I told her to wait until we got around to that part, she just whined until that happened. Then the same thing with the playground. She actually acted depressed the whole trip...nothing made her content. Every day is a...
We get the same compliments about my dd all the time. I don't want her to be stuck up and vain when she's older, but I'm glad. She thinks she's beautiful, and why not? I've a problem with self-esteem since I was a kid, and I would be thrilled if she didn't have the same issues to deal with. I compliment her all the time, but I try to equally compliment how smart, and loving etc, she is also.
I thought those questions would really make me sweat (about "where babies come from", death, etc). But I'm actually loving having conversations where I'm teaching my dd something. I also like trying to come up with answers that don't confuse them even more. Once we were in line at a drive-thu and my dd saw a funeral home, next door and asked what it was. I told her about how a funeral ceremony goes. She has been to two, but can't really remember. Since I have a lot...