or Connect

Posts by PollyC

DaisyO, and the others whove commented above, have you considered that the original post might be fake, like from a troll?  not many women woudl be actively going for a VBAC UC if they had possible preeclampsia, possible IUGR, low fluid, a baby with an unstable lie (w/ low am. fluid?!), and weren't familiar with the local medical community at 38 wks.  just doesn't seem like a real option...but it does seem like a narrative that casts UC in a bad light, and from a brand...
Thank you for the great answer.  I'm actually thinking of switching to another practice so I can have a nurse's hotline to call in case of (possibly unimportant) questions, instead of the doctor's cell phone.  Like I said, I'm a first-time mother and I can't always tell the difference.  Is The Portable Pediatrician a book I can get?  It sounds very helpful. Thanks again, Doctor!
Dear Dr Sears,   this may sound like a foolish question, but how can I avoid annoying my baby's pediatrician?  In particular, what are the top things that annoy you in parents.  I am a somewhat nervous first-time mom, and I'm afraid that the doctor dreads my arrival in her office.  She is always very professional and indeed very nice, but I think I have done some irritating things and wish to avoid doing so again if I can.    This doctor is a very sympathetic,...
Hello there!   So, we use an Ergo for our baby (used to LOVE the Sleepywrap, but after baby reached 16 lbs the Ergo was more comfortable...I'm kind of sad about this...) Anyway, it is starting to get hot here, today is supposed to be almost 90 degrees F.  What on earth are we going to do when it gets hot?  The hottest days so far have been in the 70s and that was already really uncomfortable, with the baby's tummy against my tummy and the heavy fabric of the...
OK, so you folks don't know so far...But!  I have done a little more internet snooping and found the following info: The foreign substance in the ActHIB has been confirmed to be "aseptic", or non-bacterial, but the recall is going ahead anyway.  The doses in question were manufactured on a production line "dedicated to the Japanese market". Link: http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/daiichi-recalling-13-lots-acthib-vax-japan/2011-03-11   And in case you are...
Hi,   I am wondering, does anybody out there--especially Japanese sisters--have some details about the current Japanese vaccine situation?  They have halted Prevnar7 and Sanofi Pasteur ActHIB, and now they are recalling the ActHIB saying there is a problem with some of the lots they have been using.  Foreign substance detected in 2 syringes.  Reports on the number of babies to die in the first week of March vary from 4 to 6.  A DTP was given along with the previously...
hey... clearly you have found a ped. by now, but K Landon-Malone's group will give you a little slip to submit to the insurance company, and they will reimburse you!  That's what we do and it works just fine, it is just a small hassle but not too bad.  It just doesn't work for MaineCare...so we put the baby under daddy's insurance.  (I was a MaineCare patient...but they cut me off so now I'm uninsured.  I guess I'd better eat my vegetables etc) hope you found...
We use a little fan...since it is a cold Northern winter I just point it up towards the ceiling.  Also, not sure how old your baby is but the use of a fan supposedly reduces the SIDS risk somewhat.
oh okay...duh...you're right!  Pacifiers don't have holes...they just look like they do (there is a little dimple thing on the end of all the ones I have).  Baby used to take a Soothie but quit accepting it.  I should try to find something else, it's just so daunting.  A woman I met spent tons of money buying each and every different paci offered at the big-box baby retailer to find the one and only one her daughter would accept.  I wish I wasn't tempted to do the same...
Hi all   So, my baby is not that great at relaxing while drinking out of a bottle.  Unfortunately I have to work every night, so my partner has to feed him.  The baby will sometimes start to fall asleep while "nursing" from the bottle, only to wake up when it's removed from his mouth when all the milk is gone.    I never thought sucking on an empty bottle would be ok, but then I looked at a pacifier and saw that it had a little hole in it anyway.  My question is,...