or Connect

Posts by Dot-to-Dot

Thank you lanamommyphd!  That is a great approach.  I will have to practice, ha ha.  Because in the actual moment I have a hard time thinking that fast.  But I like the peaceful (and still honest) approach.   Sassy, I don't think we should bite our tongues all the time.  Like I said earlier, there's a time and a place.  When a relationship really matters to me but that person isn't in a head space where they can hear or accept one little part of me, I can cut them some...
Well, it doesn't come up.  It came up once last week and I'm simply worried it will come up again.  They don't purposely bring it up to single me out and they didn't pressure me for answers.  Just that one initial question, "You DO vaccinate don't you?!"  I think right there in the moment it occurred to them, "Oh my gosh, she's so crunchy she might actually not vaccinate!"  In fact, they have no idea that I don't vaccinate!  They likely don't care a bit about how I feel...
I love your ideas!!!  And you're exactly right...it eats me up inside and I hate not feeling at peace with something.  I'm totally gonna do that gift bag thing.  Thank you.  <3
Also...I don't want to get new friends.  Though we don't see eye to eye on many things, we have a rich history and we love each other.  I am their sole connection to the more natural side and if I remain calm and gentle about it, I think they will slowly learn *as they are ready* to hear new things.  If I just lay it out there with a take me or leave me attitude, it will be off-putting and they'll just comfortably go back to their Lysol and antibiotics for viruses...
*sigh*  Y'all sound like my mom when I was in high school.  "Well then you need to get new friends!"  :P  It's not that easy, of course.  They don't shame me, by the way.  It's just that knowing how strongly they feel about people who supposedly put all others kids in danger makes me feel like I've done something wrong.  Even though I know I haven't.   And they don't exactly care that it's my medical right.  They know it's legal to opt out...they just don't agree with it...
One of my friends in particular is not interested...she is a bulldog and will come down hard (and loud) making you feel like a fool.  I  don't argue with people like her.  People who are unwilling to listen.  She's the one I'm most worried about.  She's completely unreasonable.  She told me her children were incredibly difficult and refuse to eat a single vegetable.  Her husband happened to walk in on her saying that and then said, "Yeah but that's because you balk at...
I will be going on a girls trip in a few weeks with some of my best friends from childhood.  I love these friends and we will have a great time, I'm looking forward to it, BUT, I know that our parenting will come up.  I am the only crunchy mama of the group.  They find me quite interesting - they can't believe that my kids will eat up to 10 vegetables in a day, that they've never eaten McDonald's, that we cloth diaper, etc.  It's all funny and interesting until...
Just wanted to update:   Baby number two was posterior but NO HIP LABOR at all!  I think it had to do with my consistent chiro adjustments and releasing tight tendons in abdomen, but, who knows.  In fact, as contractions came harder and faster, I kept putting off going to hospital because labor didn't feel hard enough yet.  It never did get hard!  (challenging, yes, but totally manageable.)  Baby was almost born in the car because I couldn't control the urge to push. ...
Just PM'd you.  :)  My kids are both in bed and quietly drifting off to sleep and it's 6:30 pm.  I definitely would be happy to share how I did it.
I was a teacher.  Stopped working 4 years ago.  But I'm very familiar with meeting the needs of all different types of parents and what parents want to know.  I also worked in a private school where parents paid $20k in tuition for elementary school so they DEFINITELY wanted to know what they were paying for and so sometimes I wonder if my perception is skewed since I worked so hard to keep in touch with parents.  I feel so stuck.  While I want to trust myself and take...