or Connect

Posts by WhimsyTyme

NAK My DH's uncle had a heart attack early yesterday afternoon. DH's father passed away from a heart attack 3 years ago last month. His aunt and uncle were pillars of strength during the grief process. His uncle is doing very well and just a short while ago was moved to a regular room. DH wants go travel (a bit more than an hours drive) to the hospital this evening, he feels he NEEDS to be there tonight. I know from events that have transpired since FIL's...
NAK I am taking Esterfied Vit C 675 mg. How much can I take a day? I am nursing a 4 month old and a 2 year old. I am starting the 2 year old on children's vit c today as he has a bug - fever, etc. What is the max amt for him? I would like to maximize mine and my son's intake to keep us healthy this winter. I am susceptible to lung problems this time of the year, so I need to take as many preventative measures as possible. Should we take max amt...
:
MODS - I looked around and didn't see any forums that this fit in, so I posted here in TAO I am feeling that my energies are very discombubled (my own word ). I also feel that my family is feeding off of this and that I need to be projecting a more positive, calm, loving, understanding, patient & compassionate aura. Too, I definitely feel that I am WAY to open to the negative energy of others. It is the time of year that my lung problems tend to manifest. Then...
Thanks mamas! My LLL leader is checking w/ other leaders to get some input. g&a - that is very interesting about the cold/flu ref - what was the reasoning/explanation? Melanie
NAK Hylands and NatraBio (or NutraBio) both have homeopathic lines that would be helpful. You can read about their products at their sites or inquire at your local health food store. Hyland's products are now being offered in many large chain drugstores. HTH Melanie
I have read about many benefits that added enzymes could give me while I am trying to make changes in my diet and believe they could also deliver benefits to Dawson (the lil' one), especially since he is experiencing mild reflux. It is my understanding that part of reflux can be the difficulty experienced in breaking down carbohydrates and that added enzymes can help with this. The brand I am looking to take is Udo's Choice Enzyme Blend at florahealth.com I have...
ernestholmes - Oh I would so love to see a thread/group/tribe for this! Something we could come to daily for inspiration and motivation. Thanks for starting this and for "throwing it out there"! Maybe this little bump will help to get it started! mama_kass & MamaMonica - It sounds like each of you have lots to bring to the table. I would live to take some inspiration from you! Ideally I'd love to be able to offer some inspiration on this thread/journey as well! ...
Quote: Originally Posted by LoveChild421 my son's cleared up when I started eating more Omega-3s, I also found a baby oil at a natural foods store that has borage oil in it and that seemed to help- I would brush off all the flakes and then slather his scalp with the oil. I have a 3.5 month old. He has less hair then DS did at this age and hid cradle cap is most noticable outside in the daylight/sunlight. It is an orange-ish...
Thanks so much for your input - I am going to see how much i hae on hand of these suggestions and try them. The dr called in Z-pac whick is prettyn potent. I asked dh not to fill it, from past experience I know I will just need another antibiotic for the "other" yeast infection it causes and that it will make things worse for the babes thrush and reflux. Zombiewaif - did you get that at your local health food store? Our local store closed, the closest is about 30...