or Connect

Posts by melkaya

I live in Monterey and am an AP. As far as groups, do you mean online? I don't know about online, but you might want to looking into Parents Place. It's at the adult school in Pacific Grove and there are age related classes, activity classes and la leche league. It helps me keep  my sanity. I love my class because I get to spend a couple hours a week with other moms and we all chat about questions, concerns and give each other new ideas and tips. They also have lots of...
I have been dealing with the same frustration lately. I wouldn't mind it so much, but my hips are still all messed up from pregnancy and it really hurts to lay on them all night. My boy is 4 months and stirs like crazy and if he doesn't get the boob, he wakes. When I give him the boob, he takes a few sucks and then sleeps but wants the boob to stay. It's a cycle. But I think it might have to do with teething as well. Oh... I don't really know, that's just a guess. But I...
I'm new to it too. I have a 4 month old. For the first couple months he slept between dad and I. I would keep him on a blanket and slide him up and down the bed for nursing.So he'd be down by the boob and then when done, or whenever I'd wake, I'd slide him back up so his head was level with ours. Then back down for nursing. That way I could pull the blankets up. But we have a new arrangement now. We pushed the bed up against the wall. Now baby is between me and the wall...
I waited about 6 or 7 weeks to introduce it. It is recommended that you wait to establish your milk supply. All the sucking the baby wants and needs can be done on the breast at that time. It took a couple tries but he finally took it. We only use it in the car when he is fussy or rarely to hold him over til I can bf. Sometimes he doesn't want it but when he does, he usually falls right to sleep.
My son fell asleep in an uncles arms just yesterday. It was at a busy taqueria AND it was the first time he'd met him. We were amazed. He just drifted off. If only I was so lucky.
Quote: Originally Posted by rootzdawta After lots of weight loss, I'm still a DD cup. I cannot recommend highly enough Enell bras. They are expensive and a pain to put on the girls stay.in.place like you wouldn't believe. Incredible support. I don't even want to try anything else (although now that I'm smaller, I know I should since there's bound to be more options). The Enell bras have been holding up very well. Double ditto! I've had the...
I gave birth at Sutter in July and it was wonderful. I really can't say enough good things about it. The nurses were fantastic, the room was comfortable and the food was great. I had a room with a tub and couldn't wait to use it. But for me, it made contractions worse, so I would've preferred a shower room. It would've helped with back labor. But the post birth bath was fantastic. I wrote a birth plan and they did everything I asked. When I wavered from my birth plan,...