or Connect

Posts by allthesekids

Neonalee, I wish I could just reach out and give you a hug, this is so hard to experience with a child that you love. This rejection from them....even if it's "normal" for a teen it is just so...painful.   Journeymom, your posts are full of wisdom, so very helpful and practical. I LOVE the idea of just making things a house rule, and need to commit to just doing this. I have done it on a few things and have considered when an issue comes up, just posting a note...
Well, I don't think he is changing, he seems to be regressing in maturity. I gave him ten dollars allowance on Saturday, he had cleaned the kitchen and done some chores. Today, which is Tuesday he wants more money to go to a game. I said no. He starts yelling at me and telling me I am ridiculous and ten dollars is not enough money to do anything. So I said, get a job. To which he yells, "I'm trying!" Is coming  home from school and sleeping two or three hours and...
I agree you are being hard on yourself. It sounds to me like you are doing a fantastic job. I would focus on not allowing the negativity to affect my mood and attitude, as much as possible. I would also pull back on special privileges and treats if they are not being appreciated.
I totally get you, Geekgolightly. I kept thinking like you, that there was a light at the end of the tunnel, except none came. I have finally decided that my coping path is going to be extreme self care. I am planning a weekend away with my girlfriends the first weekend in January, I am planning a night away with my hubby on the day of his graduation...Just going to give myself  lots of breaks to help myself get through the next several months.
Deleted this due to it being too long. Need to find a way to condense it.   OK, well I will try to express my struggle without taking up a page and a half (I'm a rambler, lol). I was raised in a home with parents who loved me but had addiction issues, were young and very immature. This put me in a caretaker role at a young age. I basically became responsible for my parent's emotions and issues. They pushed me to get married at sixteen so they could be relieved of...
I am looking for tips on how I can cope with life for the next several months and not have a nervous breakdown. I am married with five children. My older three are 16, 13, and 12 and from my first marriage and their father is not involved with them, we have full custody and he does not get regular visitation. My younger two are from my current marriage and are 4 and 8 months.   For the past five years, my dh has been attending school in some form at night while...
Thank you Gen, I appreciate the reminder about these changes being more about the long-term effects, that is so true.
This is exactly how I feel. I have to be honest, I have moved to a place of acceptance and resigned myself to the fact that my home is probably not going to fit that "picture" I have in my mind. That simple, neat, uncluttered picture that is so visually restful. I have five children, an average sized home with very little storage space and an odd layout. When I see the clutter that I have come to accept, I remind myself it is evidence that I have a family, and that we...
I wanted to update the thread and let everyone know how things have been going. I've been seeing a counselor because I have been feeling really overwhelmed with raising teenagers and dealing with their laziness concerning the housework, while also dealing with my two small children and my husband working full-time and being a full-time student. After a while really digging into some sessions with the counselor, I have learned I have co-dependent "people pleaser"...
I appreciate all the replies, I felt all advice was helpful and I am definitely going to be implementing some new strategies and making changes. Thank you all.