or Connect

Posts by Naturopath Mom

Panserbjorne, I'd suggest the red chestnut for anxiety. Anxiety seemed to be a big part of the problem.
Where are the dark circles? There are 3 general spots. Right under the eye is kidneys, under that is the colon and closer to the bridge of the nose is adrenals.
 Yes, well said. Most mom's nutrition levels decline during the course of their pregnancies. And the more kids you have the more drained your body can become, especially if you are not replenishing your vitamin levels!   For my kids they were all different, all with allergy problems. But you know, I think everyone has allergies, just most people ignore them. Child 1 had eczema/mold allergies. Child 2 has behavioral reactions to food and child 3 had reflux. Not sure if you...
Can you find some local groups and ask around? LLL or some mom groups might know. Word of mouth. You could try asking health food stores if they know any midwives. Then you can try searching on the web, that is how I found mine. Try typing in your city if it is large enough or just your state and start sorting through them. Some will travel a distance. I do not know much about birthing with t1 diabetes, but I hope you can find an awesome midwife that does!
I cannot comment on personal use, but I believe that homeopathy has some very specific remedies for hormonal issues, however this is not my specialty. Headaches can come from so many different angles and be caused by many things. Are you sure it is from the hormones? If so the progesterone cream might be worth it, but you can also try to focus on eliminating estrogens in your lifestyle (meats, plastics, pesticides, etc). I would do some liver cleansing (associated with...
Okay, so would I be right to gather that it started with some emotional upsets? I would start to address those issues if that is the case. The best way to do so is with flower essences, at least in my experience. Anxiety would generally fall under Red Chestnut. Fears could be Mimulus or Aspen. You could also just try rescue remedy as well.   It is hard to give other recommendations, as I think there is several things going on here. I would probably start with some...
The yogurt is good to both eat and apply externally. With the dark circles I would add cranberry juice to her water, so it is diluted. She wouldn't need massive amounts. Non sweeten organic cranberry juice. Or some fresh bee pollen. :)
When I first went veg I use to be fanatical about it. That was until one day someone pointed out that my beloved pillow actually had REAL goose feathers in it *gasp*. I was young (well, I was a teenager) and could not let that pillow go. Fifteen years later and I eat honey and will allow leather when it is gifted. It really does frustrate me, but I really do not want to come off as rude about the whole thing. I will try to just donate the item then if I can.   I did...
I'm glad you are feeling some joy and that your meds are working. It's good to be happy :)
I struggled with some simliar issues, that of low self-esteem. The Bach flower essence Larch was awesome to help me with this! I tried counseling, read lots of books, prayer, etc. I was able to aleviate a lot of my problems but the flower essences really helped me get over the self-esteem that I just could not get a handle on.   Larch is for self-confidence If he has guilty feelings (always apologizing or feeling guilty) then Pine would be great too I also took...