or Connect

Posts by Naturopath Mom

Here are a few idea off of the top of my head. First off, I hope you are making sure you are drinking TONS of water. With chronic diarrhea it can almost be near impossible to stay hydrated. Have you ever been hospitalized for dehydration?? Water, water, water :)   My first thought was indigestion. This can be caused by lack of enzymes and/or HCl production. I might also be parasites. Parasites can cause extreme situations like this. Allergies of course is a...
Hmmm, does she have any darkening/bags right under her eyes? They would be barely noticeable in such a small child but if they are there, even a little that would be the kidneys. I would try cranberry juice. I know she tested neg for a UTI but it still sounds like there may be some sort of imbalance there. You could also try rubbing the kidney area of her feet. Search for reflexology chart on the web. It's just under the pad of the big toe, a bit towards the center. You...
How frustrating that must be to have counselors bascially turn you away! At least you gave it a try. Can you maybe make the appointment for him? I do not like doing it, but I know my hubby really likes it when I do things like that for him. He has told me sometimes he just doesn't have it in himself to try, no motivation, no hope, etc. Maybe you could set up an appt for him that you are pretty sure is a good time he could make and see if he would go? I also have to help...
Big hugs to you Mama! That all sounds very hard to get though and I'm sure it can really start to wear on you.   I have dealt with something simliar in that my husband would not remember what happened either. I would not say it is as bad as what you are dealing with, but I understand how that feels. I'm sure you are incredibly frustrated. Have you thought about seeking counseling for yourself? I think it is obvious that your dh could benefit from seeing any kind of...
Sounds like a swollen lymph node to me. My kids have had them over the years as well.
I am so sorry for what you are going through, I'm sure this is so difficult for you. I also had some major issues when I was breastfeeding one of children, however not to the same degree. While I would feel the need to encourage you to take care of yourself I also know what it is like to want to BF and being faced with the option of not. I think your first priority should be yourself.   I can only tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would first avoid...
I would try eliminating sugars(including fruit juices) from the diet and supplementing with probiotics and other immune enhancing supplements. If you do dairy kefir would be a good place to start. Although I would guess there may be underlying allergies. Anything else going on? Constipation, vaginal itching, moodiness, stomach pain, ear infections?
I would take him to a chiropractor. They should be able to asses the neck situation and a good chiro might be able to help with the rash.
Could it be allergies? Diaper rashes tend to be...
I have talked with several people on here about the co-op but I wanted to make sure I did not miss anyone. I sent out the first email today and we will be picking up next Monday. Let me know if I missed you and you want to be included!