or Connect

Posts by Naturopath Mom

Why don't you look into flower essences as well...a few to check out include sweet chestnut, mustard, wild rose, and gentian. I would gladly help you out. I know of a counselor in Naperville, she would be supportive of your choices. I work with her, so I do not want to self-promote. PM me if you want her info.   Sweet chestnut - miserable, over-bearing depression, deep and dark Mustard - unkown cause of depression Gentian - known cause of depression Wild rose -...
My oldest use to get this when he would eat refined grains. He did fine with brown rice but the white rice would make his eyes water, nose drip. We just stay away from the refined grains. Seems to do the trick.
My favorite to give is chocolate covered goodies. I usually do nuts. Almonds, walnuts, peacans and peanuts. Sometimes I'll chop them up or just leave them whole. Dehyrdated fruit is good too. Peanut butter is good to mix in with the chocolate. My kids like helping with it. Coconut is good too, one of my favorites. Put it in a nice tin and you are done!
Everyday or often consumption of soy causes problems, I have gotten away from soy/tofu for many reasons, all of them for health (cause I love it!)   Hormone inbalances, thyroid problems and fibroids as well. Even in cultures where soy is a long time part of the diet, they do not eat it very often.   Moderation, yes!
Pretty much the cheapest, highest quality food source there is out there is sprouts. I would start sprouting! :) You may have to eat a lot to fill you up but if you are growing them on your own sooooo cheap! And a lot is just good for you.
While I can see where the PP is coming from, I have had the same thoughts. However, I study prophesy quite a bit and my thoughts are more based on that. That being said, I still have 3 kids :) My biggest issue was worrying about taking care of a baby during really bad times but my youngest is almost 3 now so I'm feeling better. I think you have to really do some deep thinking on it, soul searching, and figure out what is best. We stockpile and prepare, but I do not let...
I haven't had a mouse problem in my adult years, but when I was a teen living with my parents my mom let me use live traps. I got it from PeTA and I think it only cost around $11 then. I would bait them, they'd get trapped and then I would release them far enough away so they wouldn't come back. I think live mouse traps should be easy enough to find.
Okay, if your ds will do soup, could you try other soups? What about bean soups? Minestrone? Cream of mushroom, or tomato, or leek, or chicken, etc? I, too, will hide veggies in soup, very easy.   If he eats potatoes, will he try sweet potatoes....they are just orange potatoes after all!   If I were you my main focus would be on getting him to eat fruits and veggies. If he absolutely will not touch them, I would start to reward him for eating some. If he eats an...
Foraging for chanterelles? That sounds wonderful! You can dry them or freeze them. I cannot say I have ever froze mushrooms before though. I have dehydrated them. Leeks freeze well, and I would guess as long as you are cooking them later that would be okay. What I do if I am not sure if something will freeze well is I will make a dish and then just stick a few bites in the freezer. I try it out after that, and if it works out then I will know it is ok to freeze a whole...
We are on a tight budget and use co-ops to save money. Frontier or United Buying Clubs both have organic/natural foods you can buy at wholesale price. I use United and they have co-ops all over. There is no fee to join the club that I am in.   You can also look for produce co-ops. I run one of these in IL and it is awesome for buying organic produce that can be much more affordable. Hopefully you can find one in your area.   I also agree on focusing on the foods...