or Connect

Posts by mama.nesta

I officially "like" mothering!!
Hi there,   I am in the states but spent a few years in Tanzania.  Not Kenya, but pretty close...what specific questions do you have??  I was a teacher at a small international school while there also.
So...I've been working a few hours a day outside of the home until now.  LO is now almost 8 months and I am so thankful I have had this time with her but we need the money now and I have an opportunity to work full time, so....I am also lucky enough to have a very supportive family who are willing to help out and watch her. Two days with Mom, two days with grandpa, one day with hubby.  Two days out of the home the rest in our home.  The problem is...she will not nap!  It...
Can't decide if nursing your little one during sex means you really love sex or really hate it..can not imagine enjoying myself with my baby on my chest
I got mine when my baby was only 7 weeks and was exclusively breast-feeding. My midwife said it may have something to do with how well she sleeps at night. I only breastfeed her once usually at about 4 a.m. and she goes down at about 7p.m. and it has been that way since about 4 weeks....I guess I should be happy about the sleep....but I only got it once and it hasn't returned. I actually bought a preg. test today just to make sure...
I was in Iringa and met my husband there. We hope to return to Tanzania some day in the future but I do think I will have another child here in the states before I return. Love East Africa though..
My four month old is so active in her sleep that I still swaddle her to sleep. We are currently using the arm's reach co-sleeper but I pull her in close to me to nurse. If she wants to nurse again later I put her in between my husband and I...I am a bit nervous that when we both fall back to sleep and she is in the middle, swaddled there is some danger because she can't move herself or arms if she rolls onto her belly. Also, any ideas about how to 'wean' her of being...
Hey there, I'm a hip mama and am car-less in Boston. I met another hip mama at a yoga with you tots class and we have hung out a few times so that is an option. My girl is 4 months so our kids wouldn't have too much in common...but I'm into T-accessable, cheap things, we could meet up...the arboretum is good. I grew up in Boston but have been away for almost 15 years in VT, Cali, and abroad...and although I love it here in some ways I have a very different way of...
Well, I had most of my pregnancy in Tanzania. I was pretty far out and had to take the bus to Dar es Salaam to get an ultrasound and see a reputable doctor. Since you are close to Mombassa I think it will be a bit easier for you, and Kenya is a bit further along in some ways. I loved being pregnant in Africa as the culture accepts it as a very normal and healthy thing rather than an ailment. However, as I got closer to my due date the reality of living in the bush and...