or Connect

Posts by mamalex23

Hi fellow mama's and mom-to-be's! This is the first time I have had to properly join the club (Hubby and boys are off craigslisting for a wakeboard!) And I am feeling more pregnant than I should and want to share with other women ; )   EDD : Late Feb/ early Mar Your Name: MamaLex Age: 28 State or Country: RI, USA How long it took to you to get your BFP: Vacation Surprise!  What number child is this for you: 2nd pregnancy, 3rd child Family...
2. Sacrum - That feeling you get when you stand up after sitting on a hard floor for a long time. This all the time, and especially when I bend over. --Just starting having this! Owww. I thought maybe the thin futon I stayed on at my little brothers or the two nights spent camping did it but it is weird, and mostly on my right side. Maybe from carrying around 30lb ds1?!   Slothness here too- especially in the begining along with crazy food cravings that started...
Radiant life sells flavored and "kid approved" fermented cod liver oil, Green Pastures is the brand, and also a version emulsified with butter oil (like ghee)- very healthy fats and my toddler gobbles the solid and liquids right off a spoon. He seems to think it's a treat and I try not to let on how happy it makes me ; )   The best dairy-free smoothies ever (IMHO) are froz fruit, fresh banana mixed with water, juice, or iced herbal tea (zingers are great) and flax...
Salt is essential, we use only pink salt from Hawaii or Real Salt. If the stock is fresh (not concentrated yet) a mugful in the morning and with meals is delicious with some salt and fresh pressed garlic.   Like PP said, it's great for rice instead of water, and a good practice to serve mugs of broth or brothy soup with a meal, as it helps digestion and nutrient absorption. For simple tasty soup just shred some spinach and stir in some whisked egg/egg yolks for a...
I would definately move up to a king-sized bed, if you can afford/fit it. By far our biggest "baby" purchase was a king size organic latex mattress, which we put on a very low Ikea bed frame. It was expensive, but we NEVER regret it. The mattress came rolled up in a box and was heavy, but fit up the stairs. There is room for everyone, and our now toddler can easily climb on and off safely. Also the mattress is relatively firm, and IMO totally safe for the infant,...
wash cloths work pretty well but my favorite kitchen rags are well-worn, soft, scrubby and absorbent beach towels/bath towels that have been cut into paper towel sizes. We don't use paper towels at all except for the grossest bathroom messes for a preliminary wipe down before I use my cloth rags.   If I have some rags (or any laundry) that is too dirty for the washer I do a hand wash/soak outside first.
I don't know if you are against all dairy or just cow/pasteurized dairy but I give my nursing toddler (12.5 mo) small amounts of raw goats milk from a local friend's farm. If it were his only milk I would probably mix some version of this (http://oreganicthrifty.blogspot.com/2009/05/goat-milk-formula-recipe.html) raw goats-milk formula.   Of course this all depends on having a trusted clean and safe/reliable source, but with goats milk production their are few...
If I notice early on I will clean with witch hazel and this seems to reduce the amount of swelling/redening that might otherwise appear. First bites seemed the worst (I did call our Dr. the first few times and he was reasuring- as long as bite is just red and a little swollen and baby/toddle/kid is not Miserable or having Other symptoms then it should all be just fine).    DS has had some bites that didn't disappear completely for nearly, or maybe, a week. They did...
I have been addicted to Marks Daily Apple the last few days. the primal diet/lifestyle he describes is really appealing to me and not far off from our current diet/lifestyle. A few questions I have: what's the story on seeds-are they all indegestible? too much insoluble fiber? are shelled seeds ok? What about pseudo-grains like quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat? Do they have the same toxic anti-nutrients? the same insulin response? Also, does anyone eat blue-green algae? Do...
I read that the vegetarian iron in spinach and molasses are better absorbed if eaten with vit-C. So spinach with lemon is good, and while I was pregnant I drank a tea of water, lemon juice and blackstrap molasses-really yummy IMO.