or Connect

Posts by mamalex23

I've heard that goat's milk and molasses is a great formula for babies: goats milk is most like human and the molasses (un-sulfered) is high in iron and a little sweet/salty : )   Also, a friend's ped just recently told her that her son would get everything he needed nutritionally through her milk for the first year.   our ped said to start food by 6 or 7 months to avoid food allergies.   so by both of those recommendations your LO is getting introduced to...
have you tried a sling? maybe a hip carry if she's getting heavy. you can keep your coat on and (fairly) easily get her in and out of the sling-also good for nursing. I have a ring-sling i made and LOVE, but DS is only 4 months and 15lbs. For the car seat or stroller we have this great baby sleeping bag type thing. slits for buckles on back and front zips up (ours is Graco) found second hand and really coming in handy. i don't have to overdress DS and can get a secure...
emmaegbert: I'd love to show off pics, but don't know how...yet. The nighties I make are not stiff at all. I find fine merino wool mens sweaters (look for XL first), which are very thin and very soft. I wash and dry them to felt the wool (also keeps them from unravelling) then make the sleeves into pants for daytime, and the body into a tank-style, simple nighty. Curving the sides and cinching in at the bottom give baby nice freedom of movement and help keep legs inside-we...
we use a wool nightgown over a long-sleeved cotton shirt, prefold with snappi and long socks. you can easily make a nightgown, longies and a pair of stocking-style tall socks out of one mans merino wool sweater. the wool nighty has made my nights much easier because there are no diaper covers, snaps, velcro or pants to pull on and off. simply lift nighty, un-snappi diaper, pee, lay baby back down on diaper and snappi, pull nighty back down and nurse us both back to sleep :...
Same prob-exact same situation! we love wool longies (i make them from old merino wool sweaters). i shop the thrift store regularly and have found a few great shirts, but still mostly onesies. It is especially hard to find plain baby clothes in nice rich colors! DH just started dressing baby with the cute onsies (so many given to us even though we wanted shirts) OVER the wool longies! we think this is adorable, and it is a solid outfit that stays put : )
I am new to forum and don't know all the abbreviations and stuff (first posting) but my newborn (3.5 mo) wakes in the wee hours squirming and eh-eh-ehing, too fidgety to nurse. I remove his diaper and offer a poo in the potty (or bucket, sink) and the position I hold him in helps move poo, pee, farts and burbs. This may not be your baby, but I know that for mine, if I wake up enough to poo him, I have a chance of getting back to sleep : )