or Connect

Posts by cubits

Here's my Lentil Soup. It's vegetarian and gluten free: 3 cups of dry red Canadian lentils 8 cups of water (sometimes I use a cup or two of chicken stock if I have some around) 1 glug of olive oil 2 stalks of celery with leaves 1 peeled yam 3 peeled carrots 8-10 cloves of garlic 2 large shallots or onions 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons of sea salt 1/2 teaspoon of thyme 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper red wine...
Mountain climbing! Breastfeeding at the top of Cadillac mountain in Maine. 23 months At the farm at 31 months. after having her tongue tie clipped at 31 months!
Yellow are our favourite! and yellow beets too.  They are both sweet and don't stain :)   Generally the Purple Dragon are an heirloom that you could save true seed from and Cosmic Purple are an F1 hybrid.  They look exactly the same to me, both dark purple with a orange interior and there are other names for them too.
Antibiotics but otherwise a natural homebirth for our one and only.   I hate when people tell me that was brave. I tend to look at them funny even though I try not to :)
I don't believe their are any monsanto purple carrots, this link will show you the seminis varieties, straight from the source: http://us.seminis.com/products/pro_growers.asp    The ones that are purple all the way through are some times called black.
My giant baby solution is a short wrap tied in a slip knot, like a ring sling, but it works better for us. My 23 pound 15 month old can still be in a cradle hold in the rebozo quite nicely.
I love those covers! so sad I missed this one!
I love baked beans! I have a good recipe on my blog. Its easy to make vegan/vegetarian beans just use a vegan/vegetarian fat in place of bacon/pork/lard. Here are my ingredients: 1 lb of beans (if I can find solider beans I use those, generally I use navy beans) 1 large peeled onion studded with 3 cloves ½ cup of brown sugar ½ cup of molasses ¼ cup of maple syrup 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar ½ tsp of salt 1/8 tsp of ground pepper 2 tsp dried mustard 1/2 cup...
Thanks ladies!
I've been lurking here since I was pregnant and decided I should probably just give in and sign up now that baby is one Nice to meet every one