or Connect

Posts by colomamato4

I don't have experience with my DD (who is 5) nursing her baby sister, but my DD (5) always always to pretend to nurse from me! She gets in the position and just pretends to nurse. She weaned at 2. I always ask her if she really wants to nurse for real, but she says she just wants to pretend.
Hi! I am trying to get my almost 15-month-old to ask for nursies in a better way. We've taught her from early on the sign for nurse or "milk" but she just doesn't do it even though she knows how. She pats (or really hits) my chest, pulls at my shirt or burying her head in  my chest when she wants to nurse. I have no intention of denying her nursies when she asks for it this way as I just love that she is still asking for it. However, as she gets older, I want her to...
I don't know if it means anything, but for what it's worth, I'd like to share that my 11-year-old, since he was 4 years old, every single year, picks the winner of the Kentucky Derby. I am serious! My DH read him all the horses the first year when he was 4 and he said the one that was going to win! He knows nothing about "odds" or favorites and every single year, he gets it right! It could be a major coincidence, but we always joke that we're going to take him to Vegas...
My 11-year-old son's favorite food is sushi and well, he wanted to be a sushi! All homemade and everything is recycled materials -excpet for the unseen roll of duck tape I sent DH out for the night before! He had drumsticks (chopsticks for his prop, but wasn't holding them for the pic) "No, Mom, I just want to go trick or treating now!"  
  Totally homeade! I made the puppy costume and my 5-year-old has her favorite puppy stuffed animals to complete the costume!  
      That is SUCH a good point! Perhaps this is a sign from God. Listen. I think He wants you to find a new church, mama.
Thank you, newgirlintown!!! Just the home remedy I was looking for! Do you think a 2 week old garlic sitting in my fridge would be okay? And yes, I practically live at the kellymom site and I only read about some homeopathic remedies and the typical hot shower, nurse constantly, etc.  Fever did come back today. My DH did drive me to urgent care as it's just up the road this morning and he did prescribe antibiotic, but I really really don't even want to take it for fear...
      I agree!!!! I am Christian and we are welcome to nurse anywhere we like in our church. I think you should switch churches. Your Pastor was flat-out mean in that letter. Our bodies were made by God to nurse!!! Nursing is as Christian as you can get - you're Pastor doesn't "get it".
It started 8 days ago with a really bad and sore lump in my right breast. I thought it was gone, because I nursed literally that entire day and took a hot bath with baby (13 months old) and she loves nursing in the bath and it felt better after a day. So now yesterday, the same area is really sore again, a hard spot and it is red. I tried the same techniques, hot bath, hot shower, nursing a lot on the bad side and it just won't go away. Yesterday I felt really yucky and...
I was just going to post something very similar to yours...wondering why I'm feeling like my 12-month old is nursing as much as a newborn lately! I really don't mind it too much, but it's the hourly night nursings that are wearing me out. I walk around all day like a zombie and have 3 older kids I need to tend to. I'm glad to know it's normal and would be freaking out much more if she wouldn't want to nurse - like many of my friends with 1-year-olds are going...