or Connect

Posts by mints

Thanks for the name of the book, as well as the list of names. I am going to pass it by my wife and see what she thinks. The kid will pick my last name, the Hindu/Indian last name. Everyone has atleast agreed on that part She picked up the last name of her dad and so did I. So, we agree on the last name part. And you guys are right. She has 2 first names but only really uses one of them. Maybe using 2 first names is the way to go. Thanks very much. I will definitely...
Thanks for the replies! I will try the library to see if I can find any good books. Do you have recommendations for any? Especially a book for multi-cultural names or unique names, i would like it. I personally would like to stay away from like David - feels too religious of a name to me. Like many of you suggested, i would like names that can be pronounced and be felt kinship to, by people from both backgrounds. While parents are not involved in decision making, I want...
new to this forum. I was looking for advice on multi-ethnic and stumbled on this great resource!! I hope someone can help me. we are from different backgrounds, India and Mexico. We are going to have a baby boy and cannot come up with hardly any names that can represent both the Latin and Indian cultures. After doing some research (I sound like a guy), I came up with Rohan (Irish as well as Indian origin, plus i know it from Lord of the Rings) but wife clearly didnt...
New to this forum. This is more of a financial advice than an emotional one. I am sure you are both doing the basics right, and while you don't have room to stretch, you are still living within your means. I am assuming that he has a decent job and it pays an OK salary. - Start shopping at big box stores, Costco, etc. - Make a budget and follow it perfectly. - If he contributing to a retirement acct, stop it and raise an emergency fund. Up to one year of living...