or Connect

Posts by teamla

I call bull on that one too.   We have mono-di twins vaginally here all the time.  As far as I know, acute TTTS during delivery is extremely rare.  My doctors were not completely opposed to a vaginal birth for my mono-di twins (one with selective IUGR, so therefore there were TTTS-like placental issues) and no one ever breathed a word about the acute type being a risk during birth.  I wish I were able to refer you to someone else!
We were discharged from the NICU with powdered formula to supplement my BM, and in fact it is the only way this preemie-specific formula is sold.  Our pedi and the perinatal nutritionist would not support any other brand/type of formula.  I have also heard what you have about powdered, but it does not seem to bear any weight in the preemie world, at least here anyway.  
Love this thread.   I'm so far pretty tolerant of the comments, but it's all so new.  I'd rather not be such a spectacle, I have to say - I hear people talking about us, even if they don't make comments directly to us.  But I try to make myself deal with it by considering that people just think twins are special.   Our most common comments:   - "Are they twins?" My husband is threatening to start answering this with "no, one is a baby and one is a very...
I wasn't a big fan of Dr. Luke, and I agree you have to consider her in the context of what she sees at her clinic.  I do think the nutrition aspect is important, though somewhat unattainable - but getting enough protein, and working to make those babies as big and healthy as possible (especially since chances are higher they'll come early) are really important points.   Regarding OBs, it also totally depends on the type of twin pregnancy you have and therefore what...
TTTS is a real risk with mono-di twins and it can happen quite quickly.  I would absolutely err on the side of caution and go for the number of ultrasounds your peri/MFM recommends, even if it's 3 hours away (I know that's a hassle, I just think it's worth it).   I have mono-di twins who are now 7.5 months, or 5 months adjusted.  I went with my high-risk OB's recommendation for ultrasounds every two weeks after 16w (I was with a high-risk OB because initially they...
Thank you for starting this thread!  I was about to ask the same question.  I've also heard "One and The Same" is a good read for understanding the relationship/psychology perspective.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, the reason for the bi-weekly ultrasounds were to keep an eye out for TTTS markers and any similar issues. My ultrasounds in the past were done at an MFM clinic by a sonographer, with an in-house peri who would go over the results with me after each one. He's the one who sent me to hospital at the 26-week mark. Anyway, we've never met the diagnostic criteria for TTTS, as the fluid pockets have generally been within normal ranges and we...
Hi there, I'll be 28 weeks on Tuesday and am on quite the emotional rollercoaster. At my 26 week ultrasound (they do every two weeks to watch for growth discrepancies), they observed that my smaller twin (has always been a bit smaller) was up to 20% different, and was having blood flow issues from the cord. He's shown flatline diastolic flow ever since (once was actually reverse). I'm being monitored by ultrasound every second day now and a non-stress test on...