or Connect

Posts by dolcib

Jeannine: What a terrific reply! I feel better about myself for reading it and what you said is so, so true! Thanks for making my day Gabrielle Mommy to Franklin & Callan
I had a my Brest friend. It is MASSIVE!!!! I have never mastered the tandem feed so I rarely use it but it is supportive and I like how you can clip it on your body. It feels really stable. BTW, what does the popcorn graphic mean in the other post? Best wishes, Gabrielle Mommy to Franklin & Callan
I was Dr with a shortened cervix @ 2 weeks (I think it was 2 inches but that maybe wrong). They did a cerclage and put me on modified bedrest. I carried my boys until 33 weeks when I developed pre-e. My cervix held after the cerclage, no problem although it was monitored weekly. It did lengthen somewhat. When I had my c-section, they took out the cerclage. I followed most of the bed rest directions which really weren't bed rest but just taking it really, really easy
I can't figure out how to vote but mine were C section (emergency). I developed pre-e. However they were a scheduled C anyway following two back surgeries and a myloectomy. My OB didn't want to risk rupture but the emergency C came first. Best wishes, Gabrielle Mommy to Franklin & Callan
My sons adore each other (or at least thus far). They are in day care and are exposed to other children all day but seem to prefer each other. The biggest benefit to me is the warmth and outpouring of support we've gotten from other twin parents. I can't tell you how much that has done for our emotional support. I am in a twins club but mostly it is the average person in my day to day life who has reached out to us to tell us about their twins, how we will survive, what...
My husband and I are health care providers and we would tell you to get the shot. Last year, our state lost 6 pregnant women who did not choose to get vaccinated. As far as I know, there is no research that states that the flu vaccine harms a developing fetus. We give the shot all the time with no adverse effects and the first people on our list are PG women, the elderly and mothers of young children. This is the recommended protocol from the CDC. Do your research...
I do both. My guys were born @ 33 weeks and spent a month in the hospital. I would like to be an EBF but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me but I am happier when BF. I've had to really, really search for a lot of BF support. I started domperidone to help with supply, I wore a nipple shield for a long time. My guys do nurse but are reluctant about it. I love that time with them. I don't have other children so I had no nursing experience to draw from. I've never...
I had a slightly different experience. My boys were born at 33 weeks and spent 1 week in the NICU and 3 weeks on the peds floor. The boys were started with gavage feedings and then the bottle with both breast milk and weight gainer formula. The NICU preferred the pumped BM because they bulked it up with an extra calorie supplement. I had a tough time actually nursing (these were my first) because the babies had gotten used to the bottle. However, I am a champ @ pumping...
Hi there: I gained 40 lbs with my twin boys and I'm not a little girl to start with. I am 11 weeks post partum now. What I have noticed is my stomach is still pretty poofy and I don't recognize my boobs. I have been pumping and supplementing and the weight has come off slowly but not fast enough for my taste so it is back to Weight Watchers for me! I think the hardest thing is to find transitional clothes so I'm still in maternity pants but regular...