or Connect

Posts by hamilali

Quote: You don't have to, but the hassle in paperwork is a little harder if you take them home without names.  I've been "checked-out" of the hospital, and sitting on one of the benches, forcing myself to pick a name before we left because I didn't want to have the extra paperwork.  I've always been like that with deadlines.   Which is why I picked out my twins names before they were born.  I was in the hospital for a few weeks on bedrest before they came, and because of...
I remember too.  And I had a "pregnancy cold" the whole time, so I could never fall asleep.  I did end up borrowing a recliner, even though we didn't have room for one.  It essentially fit halfway into my closet, but it fit :) Earlier in my pregnancy, I could sleep with a pillow between my legs, and another one to support my belly, but as I got bigger, even the recliner was not awesome.  I would hang my belly over the armrest and try to cuddle into the corner crack of...
Oh, I am SOOOO there!   Wish I was clever to think up new mommy helps!  I'm here looking for answers :)   Welcome to the world of twin toddlers... and I was starting to think twins was going to be a piece of cake ;)  I used to tell horror stories about my older three kids occasionally, "you won't believe what they got into today!" but now, those very stories are the stories of my every day life.  EVERY DAY!   Oh, they are so hilarious.  I wouldn't even want...
The twins are a light in our lives!!  I love having twins, though I never would have guessed it before having them.  It's hard to know what to expect because of all the negativity we encouter in day-to-day casual conversation with strangers.  The fact of the matter is... most people only know what they've heard.  We are a lucky groups of moms to be having this experience.  I love running into other twin moms who are positive with what they are experiencing.  We all...
I couldn't believe I was ordering MORE maternity clothes at the END of my pregnancy.  I got some really ugly and cheap knit dresses from Burlington Coat Factory.  Normally I am a small, and I ordered the large.  They stretched REALLY well and were so comfortable.  I'm not a sleeveless gal, so I wore a white maternity tee underneath.  Just couldn't beat $13 a piece when you're thinking you could be wearing these for less than 2...
I keep trying to tell myself that the "baby jogger" stroller than I want is worth the money too... but then the voice of reason steps in, and says that really is a lot of money.   I wish I had a review for your stroller.  I'm definitely going to look that one up.  Thanks!
First, I just want to let you know I appreciate how active you are on the boards.  My twins are very close to yours in age, and I enjoy following their progress.   I have older kids, who all seemed to have more words than my twins at this age.  It makes me fret the same way you do, wondering if its me, or if they already have all the "social" interaction they require just by being a twin.  My boys really have no desire to walk either, which surprises me because...
I also went into preterm labor at 33 weeks after 3 uncomplicated full-term singleton pregnancies.   Honestly, looking back, I probably knew I was over-doing it.  I was able to carry until 37 weeks after some hospital/home bedrest.   Listen to your body, and you'll likely be just fine!   My twins were also conceived naturally.
I ended up carrying my boys until 37 weeks.  I am so happy to hear twin mommies that are able to carry them without any bedrest!  I hope the best for you!   I did go into preterm labor at about 33 weeks, and was on bedrest in the hospital for 2 weeks, and then moderate bedrest at my sisters house for another 2 weeks (they wouldn't let me go all the way home because I was already so dilated, and live too far from any hospital).  After 4 LONG weeks, my boys were born,...
My twins are a year old, and it has been a crazy year for us!  I have 3 older children 8,6, and 3.  In my case, crazy has been amazing!   As we speak, my twins are playing peek-a-boo with each other around the corners of the walls and laughing like crazy!  I'm so glad they have each other.  My 3-year-old insists he is the one making them laugh.  He is a proud big brother.  Twins have brought such joy into all of our lives.   I have tried to maintain a...