or Connect

Posts by Almi

Mama naturale - Haha, hell no! My OB is [what looks like] a sixty year old man that would just try and talk me out of it, or worse, call CPS on me. I can tell you right now that NO hospital or anyone in any of the hospitals near me would support me. We're planning on saying that it was an accidental homebirth. Lol. Only my friends and family know we're planning to birth unassisted. (Actually, technically, my mother, who has given birth to three singletons and one set...
I plan on birthing my placenta into a bowl (I found a nice, wide bowl for just 75 cents at a random hardware store, lol). Since I'm having twins, I may decide to clamp and cut the cord of the first, so I can focus on birthing the second baby, but we'll see. Otherwise I'd definitely leave it for a few hours and then just cut it without even tying it off. It's nice to have cord clamps or something on hand though, just in case, I would think. Not sure if I'd go ahead...
So nice to have a pregnant buddy finally. Seems like it's hard to find someone else that's having twins on other forums. Interestingly enough, people on other forums also seem to have absolutely nothing to say to me. I feel like a complete alien in those forums where women are slaves to their medical providers. No one even so much as comments when I mention homebirth, let alone birthing unassisted! Haha, I'm definitely one of those people that has to do things...
I loved reading this. It makes me all the more confident that everything will go just fine for my own twin UC.
Quote: Originally Posted by homemademom Just wanted to post a link to the fishy pool http://www.yourwaterbirth.com/other-pools-c-1_39.html This is where I'm planning to get mine. Thanks for this link - I wanted the cheapest pool on there, and I found it on another site, but I think it's like $10 cheaper there! To the OP - My babies are coming in December...I could send you my pool (if shipping is ridiculous, maybe even help you with that)...
Well, can't say I read every word in this thread, as I'm pretty tired, but just wanted to say that I'm planning UC with my twins. They will be my first babies.
Yay, I love birth stories. Very beautiful. <3
I'm so happy! Wanna be my pregnant buddy? D: I'm currently 28 weeks with identical twins (each have their own sacs, but one placenta), and planning a UC. I've been getting regular prenatal care with an OB/GYN, and so far there are zero complications. At my 20 week scan, they referred me to the perinatologists, and they then proceeded to try and scare me into believing that I needed a scan every two weeks! I was just like, no way, and never scheduled another...
Congrats...that's so amazing you birthed a breech baby that large. Our bodies know what they're doing! My s/o is really afraid of people calling CPS on us because we're planning a homebirth. =/