or Connect

Posts by Almi

Congrats!  I'm due about a week before you are. :)
I had "regular prenatal care" with an OB for my previous pregnancies.  It was nice for my first, because it was my first and it was twins.  But I felt it kind of annoying and unnecessary last time.  Had I the money, and not been on MA (which I am, currently), I may have gone with a midwife, though the pickin's are slim around where I live.  For this pregnancy, I will not be seeing any sort of professional caregiver.     Other than that, I did birth all of my babies...
This will be my third pregnancy and fourth (and fifth?) baby.  I am almost 8 weeks...and I have a cold.  I have been having morning sickness (which was AWFUL for a week, but has tamed down a great deal, now that I've learned how to better take care of it) as well as headaches that keep me from sleeping.  Last pregnancy, the ms went away at 9 weeks, and the headaches at 13 weeks.  I'm hoping that's the case this time as well.   I suspect possible twins, and I'll...
So, here we go with Plan C!  I just don't see how they could deny me maternity leave anyway.
Once labor hits, the fear will be gone, and you will suddenly find yourself in labor land, unable to focus on anything else but getting that baby out of you.  Your body will remember, don't worry.   I've never had very much fear surrounding birth, though I was a bit nervous last time (second labor, third baby).  But like I said...once labor hit, nothing else mattered.  You just do it.  You don't have time to be scared.   Something that helps me is envisioning my...
I was GBS positive with my last pregnancy and still felt our chances were better unassisted.  Baby never had any problems.  She had excellent color from birth and never had raspy breathing,  not even a little bit.  I took a lot of vitamin C in the last few weeks (and ate a lot of strawberries and oranges throughout my pregnancy, which are high in C), so I had a very strong amniotic sac, which I broke myself just before I pushed her out.  I have a video of this birth as...
My placenta experience:   First birth (twins): Labor lasted four hours, placenta came within a few minutes of the second twin.  All I did was get down on my knees on the floor (ya know, to help it along) and suddenly it was sliding out of me. (Imagine me holding both twins in one arm, holding in my placenta with the other, saying HURRY HURRY HURRY to the husband, who was rinsing out my placenta bowl LOL. We barely caught it.)   Second birth (single): Labor lasted...
I see.  I guess I personally have never labored or birthed in a squatting position, but it does make sense.  I preferred to be on my knees for delivery, and I did sustain a vaginal tear that made its way onto my labia because my first baby had a nuchal hand (my husband told me this after the fact, I had no idea!).  That's the only tear I've ever had, and that was my smallest baby (4 lbs, 2 oz).  I did not tear at all with my 8 lb baby (third baby), and I've never so much...
It probably actually depends on the hospital you are delivering at, and a number of other circumstances.   Had I birthed in the hospital I was going to for prenatal care, I was told that my first baby would be clamped and cut immediately and taken away from me until I delivered the second.  Since she was only 4 lbs, 2 oz. at birth, they probably would have went ahead and put her in the NICU while they were at it.   Here's my birth video, there is a link to the...
I just wanted to say that I love how you have it all planned out, lol. But about squatting position...I have actually heard that you are less likely to tear in that position, and it can also be necessary if you have a stuck baby. What's wrong with squatting?